Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: linux or windows version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My plan is to have the xbmcubuntu version on a acer revo, but at the moment i am testin it on my laptop before purchasing one.

But if i use the windows xbmc version i can run internet explorer and a few of my programs using the program advanced launcher with the path set to my c:drive program files, and they work fine.

If i log into the ubuntu version of it, i set it up the same way, and i can access my c:drive, as i have got it set to auto mount, but it wont open my programs, is this right, or is there a way to make this work.

My main intention is to have a revo working, so it logs strait into xbmc, so it is easy for the kids to watch there dvd's, and for me to have the internet explorer working as well within, rather than logging into windows all the time.

cheers
XBMCbuntu comes preinstalled with the Chrome web browser. You can also install Firefox via the Synaptic Package Manager. If you plan to use a web browser on that system regularly, you may want to have it boot directly into the XBMCbuntu desktop and then either launch XBMC manually or run an autostart job to launch XBMC automatically (this is similar to what you would do on a Windows system). You would then use Advanced Launcher to fire up your web browser when needed (again, similar to what you'd do on Windows).