Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 12 Frodo shutdown & HD audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

first thanks to the developers for this great software; especially for the HD audio support! Smile

So far I'm using version 11 on Ubuntu and in order to be able to shut the system down via the front power button I had to put a .xml file in the userdata/keymaps directory with this content:
Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id='61952'>XBMC.ShutDown()</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
1. Is this working on version 12 as well or is this issue fixed?

2. What do I have to do in order to make Frodo play audio on 24 Bit, 192 KHz?

Thanks for your help.
(2012-12-27, 14:51)detlev24 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is this working on version 12 as well or is this issue fixed?

It should work, providing the key ID is still correct.

(2012-12-27, 14:51)detlev24 Wrote: [ -> ]2. What do I have to do in order to make Frodo play audio on 24 Bit, 192 KHz?

Hopefully nothing, it's supposed to work out of the box (as long as your reciever can handle it).

Correct - if your hardware can handle it 24/192 is supported up to 7.1ch.
Sounds great! My hardware (ASUS Xonar Essence STX) does support 24/192 on Ubuntu but maybe I have to change some other setting? On Windows I put "Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers -> Advanced -> Default Format" to 24/192.

@DDDamian: I know WASAPI output support from foobar2000; how does WASAPI & AudioEngine work on your HTPC? Smile

Later I will check whether "shutdown" works also on Frodo and report...

Thanks!
Works great on mine (but then it would wouldn't it lol). I use an AMD GPU via HDMI under Win 7 x64. I have seen reports of issues with ASUS, but for PCM data e.g. 24/192 it should work just fine.
I have removed version 11 and installed Frodo (RC2). Unfortunately shut down via the front power button does no longer work! (The .xml is still situated in its folder.)

Do I have to enter a new key ID and if so, how do I get it? I found the current one/code online and it just worked... Blush

Furthermore, will there be (something like) an AccurateRip support on XBMC? Big Grin This would be a nice addition regarding bit-exact output which I will try to realize as soon as Frodo is final - switching my HTPC to Ubuntu Studio.
Do you want your computer to shut down when you press the button or just XBMC?
The computer.

Since I'm on Frodo it is not shutting down anything.

PS: In order to make XBMC use ALSA instead of PulseAudio, do I (only) have to remove PulseAudio from the OS? Huh
(2012-12-29, 10:11)detlev24 Wrote: [ -> ]The computer.

Try this instead, it is much saner than going through XBMC just to power off: http://askubuntu.com/questions/86376/how...ical-shutd

(2012-12-29, 10:11)detlev24 Wrote: [ -> ]PS: In order to make XBMC use ALSA instead of PulseAudio, do I (only) have to remove PulseAudio from the OS? Huh

Yes.

(2012-12-29, 11:21)negge Wrote: [ -> ]Try this instead, it is much saner than going through XBMC just to power off: http://askubuntu.com/questions/86376/how...ical-shutd
Thank you! This worked like a charm. Cool