Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: touch skin won't install on nexus 7 - help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, this is awesome work. It looks great and connects to all my content. Well impressed!!!

I am having difficulty with the control of the skin though. I tried to install the touch skin and it tells me that my device doesn't match the installation criteria. I'm using a standard UK nexus 7 32gb. I tried the install by zip approach. I couldn't see any other way. If anybody could help me get this installed or suggest any others that work well on the nexus I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Unzip skin folder to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/ should be fine.

skin.re-touched is a good choice too.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128494
Seconding re-touched.

Also, not to burst your bubble, but XBMC isn't working too great on the Nexus 7 yet. No hardware acceleration and in spite of being a pretty decent CPU the Tegra 3 doesn't handle much more than 480p with it right now.

Also, like a lot of Android tablets the wireless radio in the 7 is kind of weak, by media streaming standards anyway, so you'll probably want to copy media over locally.

If you're just looking to play SD rips and Internet radio/etc it works fine.
Thanks Chrisyu. Works great thanks.

Ixian - i have no issues with the wireless at all. I live in a very old house with solid walls and my crap old router is in the basement surrounded by sandstone bedrock which the house sits on. I get a cracking signal 2 floors up and have no issues streaming films that are ~6GB on the NAS. Smooth, no glitches at all. I think you might be forgetting that the screen is 7inches, so all the HD in the world doesn't make a huge difference to the picture and viewing experience (sorry to burst your bubble Smile)