Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Really need help on no audio issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so XBMC 12 just wasnt working right for me so I reverted back to 11 and the video plays fine now without any problem.. however the problem I am having now is the audio.
I do have 5.1 optical connection from the computer to my receiver and it has always worked in the past just fine, now all of a sudden when I play a movie I get the message saying Audio failed check audio settings.
I have tried everything in audio settings with no successes. I'm not sure where to find the bug log and how that works to post it here?

my specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Memory 8GB
2.80gz processor
GeForce GTX 550 Ti HDMI video card
5.1 Optical Audio card

Not sure what else you need to know.. any help is appreciated thanks!
please any help.. i'm trying everything and nothing works... I looked under all the audio forums and wiki and everything is setup correctly
You actually waited 30 mins before bumping? - a little patience wouldn't go amiss. It is considered etiquette to allow 24 hours before bumping a thread - this is an international forum some will still be asleep.

Providing a debug log might be a good start.

EDIT - and starting a second thread with the same issue isn't going to get you answers any quicker - please keep to the one thread.
sorry I am just very frustrated over this and I've researched and done everything and nothing is working and from everything I have read everything is setup correctly and no reason why it shouldn't be working.
Some reason I have audio if I switch it to analog but none if I switch it to optical 5.1...

how do I provide a debug log? last time I sent one well over a month ago I never heard back about it...
You really need to get with the programme friend - try reading the original thread you started - this is the whole reason, why everything should be kept in the one place.

Oh and in your 22 posts, none have included a debug log - but you have been advised previously how to send one http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143862 post #4