Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Force a video file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have some videos that are not on any scraper.

Wondering if there was a way to manually add them? Like if I have a file, I just want to be able to add it to xbmc, title it what I want, and put the thumb in their for my choosing.
This possible or does anything added HAVE to be scraped?

Thanks!
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_library

Don't get hung up on the title of the article; instead focus on the topics regarding nfo files, especially the examples for specifying thumbnails.

You may also want to consider getting an account on the pertinent scraper site and adding the information yourself for the missing videos (assuming you're talking about commercial movies or TV shows rather than, say, home movies). This way, others can benefit from having that information available when they attempt to scrape for the same videos.
Totally! Thanks Ill read up on it.

So from what I understand here is this:
If you create an NFO and fill in that info, you just have to put the nfo in an existing folder you have XBMC already looking and it will treat it like a movie (provided the path and the info is correct in the NFO?)

THanks!!!

(these are for some extras and such and home movies Smile

I just wonder if there will ever be a feature that has a gui for this. Like have a button that says "manually add" and you can select the video file, it will auto fill in what it can (like res and codec and all that) and you can fill in the rest of the info.
Your *.nfo file would have the same name as your movie file and be placed in the same location. XBMC will use the information in the *.nfo file when adding the movie to the library.
Awesome cool! Ill check that out!

One last question. For the thumbnail, I can point it to a local file correct and not an online link right?
Yep.
awesome thanks for the help! Appreciated!