Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi File Movies (Stacking) & XBMC 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have setup a new HTPC with XBMC 12 RC2 and I am using MetaBrowser to create my NFO on my server. I am baffled by the complexity of setting up a two file movie in a "stacked" setup. My files are named:

Alexander (2004).Blu-ray.CD1.mkv
Alexander (2004).Blu-ray.CD2.mkv

While XBMC will play them back correctly (in sequence), neither XBMC's scrapers or MetaBrowser seems to create metadata that is correct. Both produce runtimes that are inaccurate and MetaBrowser does not seem to be creating data that XBMC is even recognizing. I have zero problem with other movies. Any ideas? I do not remember having this problem before. Has there been a change made in Frodo?

Thanks.
There is a handy free video tool that will join any 2 video files.
http://www.boilsoft.com/avi-mpeg-rm-joiner.html

If they are the same video type (bitrate, resolution, etc.) as most movie splits are, the program will join them in under a minute. I use this on any video files I have that are needlessly split in half.

I know this isn't a solution to how XBMC handles split files, but if you aren't planning on burning the movies to a regular CD, it's pretty useless to have them split to fit on one.
When you say the run times are inaccurate, do you mean as to the actual film time start to finish? How much time are we talking about...?