Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apply password to Master User profile only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've just installed XBMC (Frodo) and I'm struggling to figure this out.

I have 2 profiles- that default master user profile and an additional profile. I would like to add a password to the master but leave the 2nd profile without a password.

I went into XBMC, settings, profiles. Then I turned the numeric lock on for the master profile.
Next I created a new profile with the profile lock set to disabled. Media/sources were set to separate and 'start fresh' selected rather than creating from defaults.
Finally, set the login screen to enabled.

However, when I log into the 2nd profile (without a profile lock) it's asking me for the master lock numeric key.
Where am I going wrong?
Interestingly, if I set the master user password as nothing (press 'done' twice), I can then log into the profile without a password set and no password prompt will appear. However, it means anyone can log in as master user by selecting 'done' at the login prompt.

Hmmm :-(
Try with a nightly build (wiki). There's been some profile fixes added very recently that might be related, and I'd be interested in hearing if it fixes your issue too.
Thanks for the reply, Ned.

I'm actually using XBMC on the Pivos Xios DS. Its a nightly build from the 27th December 2012. Its Frodo, but I'm not sure which build. One would assume the latest version. I'll experiment with other nightlies and the official release from Pivos.
I have the same issue with the newest Frodo version, installed on Windows.
Has this been resolved and if so, how?
Thank you!