Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE remote doesn't work but Harmony does
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone-

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with my Openelec 2.0 setup (also tried daily builds last night).

I've used my Harmony One remote, setup for "Windows MCE" for months without issues. But the lag between key presses has gotten to me, and I decided to go back to my silver MCE remote. Battery voltage is around 1.8v, and the receiver on my box blinks with key presses. But it won't respond! I hooked up the keyboard too to test, and it responds just fine.

I've run irw, and it shows nothing. EVtest (I think that was the name) shows the receiver, but won't show any key presses.

Any starting points? I don't understand how a remote that used to work way back when would do absolutely nothing now, yet the Harmony remote emulating it works just fine.

Thanks, and happy new year!
Hope nobody here minds if I bump this Smile Still no results on my end either.

One of my buddies at work did suggest maybe the USB receivers are tied to that remote, and that the Harmony operates on a more "generic" level allowing it to communicate with any receiver. I'm not opposed to buying another $20 remote if this is a possibility.
(2013-01-02, 03:13)projektpatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not opposed to buying another $20 remote if this is a possibility.

VRC-1100 (wiki)... available at Amazon and many other places on-line.
(2013-01-02, 10:06)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 03:13)projektpatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not opposed to buying another $20 remote if this is a possibility.

VRC-1100 (wiki)... available at Amazon and many other places on-line.

Yep that's the one I have, but this receiver came with a different VRC-1100 (the remote was from a friend's HTPC, the remote that came with my receiver is long gone somewhere).
Are you sure your batteries are good? When the batteries ran low on my MCE remote the receiver LED still blinked when I pressed buttons but I got no response. Replacing the batteries resolved the problem for me.