Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Freeze on startup on and on file lookup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, when i turn on xbmc it sometimes opens ok then sometimes it takes like 2 minutes to open.
then if i go to add files to library, it freezes again. can someone help please !

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24710
I'm not a Windows expert, but looking at the bebug log I will take a long shot ...

After the CRemoteControl error there looks to be a 2 minute gap:

Code:
14:18:01 T:2384   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
14:18:01 T:2384    INFO: CRemoteControl::Process - failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds
14:20:44 T:2352   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/libcurl.dll)
14:20:45 T:2352  NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer

I doubt a missing remote should / would bring XBMC to it knees, just an observation that might be worth looking in to.
I am having the same issue, I turned off the auto update, which stop it from freezing at startup but whenever I go to update my library it freeze for a few minutes and then resumes
You're right. its now a problem with Cremote Control because sometimes when i turn it on it works fine then sometimes i turn it on and it takes 2 minutes. this problem seems to happen to a lot of people and i haven't found an answer on how to fix it.