Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Film showing with black boarders either side.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm watching a film through XBMC. Aeon skin, Frodo release, outputting via HDMI (1080) to my TV. I understand the black bars at the top on films, but I've also got them at the sides. On a 37" TV, the bars are about an inch each side.

I've had to use my ATI card's overscan to 100% to make the XBMC (etc), the projected windows 7 desktop fit the screen 100%.

Does this overscan stop applying when a film is watched or is it another setting?

Thanks.
If you are using 'adujst refresh rate' in xbmc then you will have to set the overscan in ATI for each refresh you use (24, 50, 60 etc).
Quote:I've had to use my ATI card's overscan to 100% to make the XBMC (etc), the projected windows 7 desktop fit the screen 100%.

This is quite normal with the ATI/AMD cards and the software, for some reason (something to do with lack of overscan standards) they've chosen to make the software underscan. If you have a small bit of black on all borders you can use the zoom for adjustment, changing aspect is the Z key or crop black bars.