Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confused about adding source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new to XBMC, I have looked around this site, I can't seem to understand how to get a few Silicon Dust Homeruns working for Live TV and Recording.

I have installed the XBMC 12 RC2 and I have installed the HDHomerun software, I set the application to XBMC, let it detect all of the channels.

I read that in XBMC I have to add the source under videos, but I don't see a choice to add a source. I see files and add-ons.

I am missing a step somewhere. Please help.
For just LiveTV and no recording you can use just the HDHomeRun and XBMC. This page, HDHomeRun (wiki), will tell you how to use it with the strm file method. Silicon Dust is working on a fimware update that will make this a lot easier and allow you to skip all those steps and just add an HDHomeRun as a UPnP source, but I don't think that firmware update is out yet.

If you want recording then you'll need to do a full PVR (wiki) set up and install PVR backend software (see the PVR (wiki) link). IIRC, most of those options have HDHomeRun drivers. TVheadend support is kind of flakey, though. With the software updates that Silicon Dust is doing, HDHRs should have even better support going towards the future.