Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2014-05-01, 18:07)birkelund Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MDDSD

Great work with the HBO Nordic add on.
I have a boxee box (Linux based) where I have justed installed XBMC, since the box is not supported by the developers anymore.

I am getting the "Add on does not have the correct structure" error when trying to install. I know that you didnt create the addon for linux, but do you have any plans on making this work on a linux based box? Or do you have an idea of what to do for me to make HBO Nordic work on this linux based box.

If you wish, i would like to help, translating the add on to danish.

Hi,

thanks I'm happy to hear that you appreciate the add on. Smile
The add on is supported on for instance Ubuntu and works with Pipelight (which has support for Widevine that's used by HBO Nordic).
I'm guessing that the XBMC version on the Boxee box doesn't have support for a web browser or Pipelight, which makes it hard to playback content...
I think it would be hard to get the Boxee box to work with the add on due to these facts.

Thank you for offering to translate the add on to Danish, I'm about to review supported languages shortly and I'll contact you when the time comes.
I have to say this in one of my most used add-ons in XBMC, I love it!

I have just upgraded to Gotham and now I get an error with hbolauncher.exe, should it work ok with Gotham?

Thanks
(2014-05-11, 18:56)whitey1977 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say this in one of my most used add-ons in XBMC, I love it!

I have just upgraded to Gotham and now I get an error with hbolauncher.exe, should it work ok with Gotham?

Thanks

Thank you, I really appreciate that Smile
It seems to be something wrong when the hbolauncher.exe is reading settings from Xbmc (regarding screen settings).
My quick guess is that the xml-format is changed. I will look into this a.s.a.p.
I've released a new version that works with XBMC 13, see the first post for more information.
Hi MDDSD,

I have recently upgraded my XBMC to Gotham and also upgraded the HBO Nordic Addon to 1.1.7.

Every time i try to use ths addon i get a script failure. XBMC debug log here

From what i can see it seems to be a problem when checking for a database upgrade for addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\favorites.db, but i could be wrong.
I check the addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\favorites.db and it has the size of 0 kb, could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

//Krister
(2014-05-12, 20:36)KRKA01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MDDSD,

I have recently upgraded my XBMC to Gotham and also upgraded the HBO Nordic Addon to 1.1.7.

Every time i try to use ths addon i get a script failure. XBMC debug log here

From what i can see it seems to be a problem when checking for a database upgrade for addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\favorites.db, but i could be wrong.
I check the addons\plugin.video.hbonordic\favorites.db and it has the size of 0 kb, could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

//Krister

Hello Krister,

yes you are correct, the favorites.db file is causing this problem.
Try the following, exit XBMC and delete the favorites.db file in the addon folder for HBO Nordic.
Then start XBMC and open the HBO Nordic addon.
The addon should now create a new favorites.db file.

Regards

/Mattias
(2014-05-01, 22:36)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-01, 18:07)birkelund Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MDDSD

I have a boxee box (Linux based) where I have justed installed XBMC, since the box is not supported by the developers anymore.

I am getting the "Add on does not have the correct structure" error when trying to install. I know that you didnt create the addon for linux, but do you have any plans on making this work on a linux based box? Or do you have an idea of what to do for me to make HBO Nordic work on this linux based box.

Hi,

thanks I'm happy to hear that you appreciate the add on. Smile
The add on is supported on for instance Ubuntu and works with Pipelight (which has support for Widevine that's used by HBO Nordic).
I'm guessing that the XBMC version on the Boxee box doesn't have support for a web browser or Pipelight, which makes it hard to playback content...
I think it would be hard to get the Boxee box to work with the add on due to these facts.

Thank you for offering to translate the add on to Danish, I'm about to review supported languages shortly and I'll contact you when the time comes.

Does it really work with Ubuntu? I'm using Linux Mint 16/amd64/xbmc 13.1 and I get the dreaded "add-on does not have the correct structure" when I try to install the plugin. Also the release notes say nothing about Linux support. HBO Nordic actually plays reasonably well on my setup with pipelight/widevine so it would be great to have the plugin too.
Quote:Hi MDDSD

Thanks Smile

It's been a while since I tried the addon on Ubuntu.
Since I'm not running the addon on Ubuntu myself, I've only done some testing on a Virtual Box running Ubuntu and Pipelight.
I've not done any testing on Xbmc 13.1 and Ubuntu, so perhaps there are some problems that I need to fix.
I'll try and do some testing and fix any problems regarding this.
If you can't find season 7 of True Blood it's because HBO Nordic has not properly updated their website yet.
When the website is properly updated Season 7 will become available automatically in the addon.
(2014-06-23, 21:47)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't find season 7 of True Blood it's because HBO Nordic has not properly updated their website yet.
When the website is properly updated Season 7 will become available automatically in the addon.

Thanks for the update. I had to get up off the sofa and launch a browser to watch True Blood!
hi there

i just installed this addon, but everytime i try to start addon in xbmc i get an script error

im using windows 8 64 bit with the newest xbmc
(2014-06-24, 06:56)mgroen Wrote: [ -> ]hi there

i just installed this addon, but everytime i try to start addon in xbmc i get an script error

im using windows 8 64 bit with the newest xbmc

Make sure that you have Chrome installed and that you have HBO Nordic working (with playback) in the web browser.
If you've already done this, then you could send me your xbmc.log-file. It's located under %Appdata%\Xbmc
Just make sure that you reproduce the script error and close xbmc before sending me the xbmc.log file (the log-file is overwritten each time xbmc starts).
You can send it as a PM and it would be great if you could post here when it's done.
hi again.
I found out that my user name on the computer contained Ø - and that caused the problem. All addons was failing.

i tryed make another user called xbmc - and all worked.

Is there any way to solve that problem?

One more thing - is it possible to get HBO on apple Tv2? i have XBMC on it also?
(2014-06-24, 10:29)mgroen Wrote: [ -> ]hi again.
I found out that my user name on the computer contained Ø - and that caused the problem. All addons was failing.

i tryed make another user called xbmc - and all worked.

Is there any way to solve that problem?

One more thing - is it possible to get HBO on apple Tv2? i have XBMC on it also?

Yes that's a common problem with username containing non standard characters, since the path to the addon will contain the username.
I've done some changes a while back that should handle this better, but it seems to be a work in progress.
I'll try and add support for this in a future version of the addon (it wont' happen in the next two releases though).

Regarding Apple TV2, the addon is only supported on platforms which are capable of supporting Widevine DRM-protection which is used by HBO Nordic.
That's why the playback is done through the web browser. The Videostream is encrypted.
The only supported platforms are Windows, Mac and Ubuntu (with Crome and Pipelight which has support for Widevine).
Works fine on my Windows 8.1 without Chrome installed (though I have Opera, which I suppose is based on Chromium, and Firefox), so thanks a bunch for that. It's an awesome addon, but I can't get it to install on my Ubuntu HTPC. Indeed, the majority of addons don't seem to want to install on Ubuntu. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19