Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Norton 360 recognize the hbolauncher.exe as a virus (SONAR.Heuristic.120) and deletes it.
(2014-09-01, 10:08)kanttarelli Wrote: [ -> ]Norton 360 recognize the hbolauncher.exe as a virus (SONAR.Heuristic.120) and deletes it.

I've been down this road before, some Antivirus software reporting my .net application as a some form of virus/trojan, when it's NOT.
The heuristic part means that Norton 360 thinks it's a virus based on how the software is written, but it's not.
Here's what I found when searching for SONAR.Heuristic.120 on the Norton support forum:

"Heuristics is a feature which uses a lot of artificial intelligence techniques for detecting malware in the system, rather than depending on signatures.
This advanced feature can cause a lot trouble in the developer environment by reporting false positives. This false positives may be also because of the programming style or libraries used.

Mostly the Norton series of products by Symantec is consumer / house hold intended, where most users like it set it and forget.
house hold line, which aims for simplicity and set it - forget it functionality."

I can assure you that I take this very seriously and I've stopped all download links for now.

I've also scanned the HboLauncher.exe application with www.virustotal.com which has 54 different antivirus engines and none of them found anything wrong with the HboLauncher.exe.
(2014-09-01, 11:04)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-01, 10:08)kanttarelli Wrote: [ -> ]Norton 360 recognize the hbolauncher.exe as a virus (SONAR.Heuristic.120) and deletes it.

I've been down this road before, some Antivirus software reporting my .net application as a some form of virus/trojan, when it's NOT.
The heuristic part means that Norton 360 thinks it's a virus based on how the software is written, but it's not.
Here's what I found when searching for SONAR.Heuristic.120 on the Norton support forum:

"Heuristics is a feature which uses a lot of artificial intelligence techniques for detecting malware in the system, rather than depending on signatures.
This advanced feature can cause a lot trouble in the developer environment by reporting false positives. This false positives may be also because of the programming style or libraries used.

Mostly the Norton series of products by Symantec is consumer / house hold intended, where most users like it set it and forget.
house hold line, which aims for simplicity and set it - forget it functionality."

I can assure you that I take this very seriously and I've stopped all download links for now.

I've also scanned the HboLauncher.exe application with www.virustotal.com which has 54 different antivirus engines and none of them found anything wrong with the HboLauncher.exe.

I know that it is probably a false alarm but I thought to inform you about it.
Yes, it should be clean:
https://www.virustotal.com/fi/file/e318e.../analysis/
Quote:I know that it is probably a false alarm but I thought to inform you about it.
Yes, it should be clean:
https://www.virustotal.com/fi/file/e318e.../analysis/

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I'm getting a 404 when trying to download the zip file. Do you have an alternate mirror?
The download link should now work again.

I pulled the link due to one user reporting that he's Norton 360 reported the HboLauncher.exe as a virus, the application is used by the addon (on Windows) to playback the selected episode/movie.

The VirusTotal scanning (54 different scanning engines) did not find anything suggesting that it's infected with "SONAR.Heuristic.120" virus.
According to information found on Nortons own forum:
This advanced feature can cause a lot trouble in the developer environment by reporting false positives."

For more information regarding this matter see previous posts.
Thanks for the addons they work great, I just wonder how to get the icons for HBO nordic and Viaplay that you have on your screenshot.
(2014-09-18, 15:23)Jazz78 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the addons they work great, I just wonder how to get the icons for HBO nordic and Viaplay that you have on your screenshot.

I'm glad you like the addonsSmile
You should be able to select which addon you want as a shortcut.
Goto System | Settings | Appearance | Skin
Select the option Settings and then the section Add-on Shortcuts.
Here you can select which addon you want as a shortcut and for what section (Video, Music etc).
As far as I can remember the virus-detection via "Heuristics" is based on behaviour and the number of installed files (simplified of course).
Since it's probably quite few users out there that have hbolauncher.exe installed and it behaves in a way of starting other processes etc. it gets flagged as a potential virus and ends up in the quarantine.

E.g. word.exe (with the proper hash) is essentially a key logger but with millions of installed copies it's most likely the normal word.exe made by Microsoft.

You can go here and report a false positive.

https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/

Also by reading on that page, if you digitally sign you software you'll not have this problem.
Most likely this requirement will just increase in the future, not just for Norton.
(2014-10-07, 22:34)Haplo Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I can remember the virus-detection via "Heuristics" is based on behaviour and the number of installed files (simplified of course).
Since it's probably quite few users out there that have hbolauncher.exe installed and it behaves in a way of starting other processes etc. it gets flagged as a potential virus and ends up in the quarantine.

E.g. word.exe (with the proper hash) is essentially a key logger but with millions of installed copies it's most likely the normal word.exe made by Microsoft.

You can go here and report a false positive.

https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/

Also by reading on that page, if you digitally sign you software you'll not have this problem.
Most likely this requirement will just increase in the future, not just for Norton.

Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions.
I've thought about getting a digital certificate for signing application files, but the certificate are quite expensive.
It's about 170 euro per year, in that case I might have to start asking for donations...
Great article post. For those who can access HBO Nordic in their county like me, you can use UnoTelly or similar services to get around the block.
Will this come to Android to?? Or is it impossible?
(2014-10-14, 17:10)strix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Will this come to Android to?? Or is it impossible?

As long as HBO is using Widevine to protect their content it's not possible to use XBMCs internal playback.
Perhaps in the future I might be able to launch external playback (on Android) through HBOs own Android app instead of the web browser.
If there is any xbox360control interested user out there i modified the autokey script for it, not very comprehensive (and other can probably do it better).

1. Download autohotkey (1.1)
2. Found the existing script MceRemoteHandler.ahk in the plugin
3. Download the xinput.ahk script xinput
4. Put the script in the same folder.
5. Open MceRemoteHandler.ahk
5.1 Include xinput script at the top
Code:
#Include XInput.ahk
5.2 Replace loop code with:
Code:
XInput_Init()
Loop {
    Loop, 4 {
    WinGetTitle, Title, A

if WinActive("ahk_class ShockwaveFlashFullScreen") OR Title="hboLauncher"
    {
        if State := XInput_GetState(A_Index-1) {
        LT := State.wButtons
        if(LT = XINPUT_GAMEPAD_A)
        {    
        SendInput {Space}
        }
        else if(LT = XINPUT_GAMEPAD_B)
        {
        StopPlayback()
        }
        else if(LT = XINPUT_GAMEPAD_Y)
        {
         SetHDQuality()
        }
        else if(LT = XINPUT_GAMEPAD_X)
        {
        ToggleFullscreen()
        }

}
    }
    Sleep, 100
    }
}

6. Compile
7. Copy and replace genereated file in the addon (under c:\users\<user>\appdata\xbmc\addons\etc.....
Hi - my first post Smile

Does the HBOnordic Addon work on a "The Little Black Box V2" ? Is't running xbmc/kodi

When I try to install the ZIP-file from a USB stick it says that the zip is "not the right structure" ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19