Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] HBO Nordic Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2015-03-04, 14:05)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-04, 13:51)quenthal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm unable to change language with this plugin. Words like Series, Movies, Season are all in Swedish.

I'll try and have this sorted for the next release.

Excellent, thank you! (With my previous installation I even tried to modify manually directly different config-files, but no avail.).
(2015-03-05, 12:28)quenthal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-04, 14:05)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-04, 13:51)quenthal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm unable to change language with this plugin. Words like Series, Movies, Season are all in Swedish.

I'll try and have this sorted for the next release.

Excellent, thank you! (With my previous installation I even tried to modify manually directly different config-files, but no avail.).

Actually I think a lot of translations (Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish) are already in place, I just have to change a few things in the addon code so they are being used.
(2015-03-05, 14:27)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-05, 12:28)quenthal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-04, 14:05)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try and have this sorted for the next release.

Actually I think a lot of translations (Swedish, English, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish) are already in place, I just have to change a few things in the addon code so they are being used.

Hi. new in this forum so sorry if quoting wrong.

@quenthal you can change them manually by editing default.py lines 1338 onward.

BTW. a really big thanks for this addon.
I've now released a new version 1.2.0 with support for Linux (tested on Ubuntu 14) and Mac.
Please note that HBO Nordic now has support for Linux through their HTML5 player which is ONLY available in Chrome.
So Chrome is a requirement when using Linux and is also a recommended browser on Mac for this addon.
If you want automatic login etc on Mac aswell I would recommend Chrome on Mac.

This release also includes translations for all the nordic countries. The addon uses the same language set in Kodi, so if you have Kodi set to Danish the addon would also automatically use Danish.
For more relase info etc and download link see the first post.
Quote:I've now released a new version 1.2.0 with support for Linux (tested on Ubuntu 14) and Mac.

Thank you so much for releasing this on Linux. I really appreciate your efforts in developing this plugin. Quick question though, as I have installed the plugin and have encountered a few issues:

I have no problem running the plugin and browsing shows. When I click on a show to launch, a google chrome window pops for the Hbo Nordic site, and then it stops. I am unable to control the window with a keyboard/mouse. What would you recommend I do to fix this?

I am running XBMC Gotham and Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest version of google chrome installed.

Cheers.
(2015-03-08, 21:28)gutterglitter Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I've now released a new version 1.2.0 with support for Linux (tested on Ubuntu 14) and Mac.

Thank you so much for releasing this on Linux. I really appreciate your efforts in developing this plugin. Quick question though, as I have installed the plugin and have encountered a few issues:

I have no problem running the plugin and browsing shows. When I click on a show to launch, a google chrome window pops for the Hbo Nordic site, and then it stops. I am unable to control the window with a keyboard/mouse. What would you recommend I do to fix this?

I am running XBMC Gotham and Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest version of google chrome installed.

Cheers.

Thanks I'm happy to hear that you like the addon Smile

On Linux and Ubuntu, there is no automatic playback, you have to press the play-button manually in the Chrome web browser by clicking on it.
I've managed to solve automatic login, but for now I've not been able to solve the automatic playback.
Further more the automatic playback is only available on Windows (using the application HboLauncher.exe and a HotKeyScript called MceRemotehandler.exe).
Which supports the Microsoft Media Center Remote on Windows.

You should be able to control the web browser window with a regular keyboard.
I'm not sure what your problem could be here...

The testing I've done has been through a virtual machine (vmware) running Ubuntu 14 and latest stable Kodi with the latest Chrome web browser.
I had no problem controlling the playback with the keyboard. If you have anymore information that can help me reproduce your problem then please feel free to post more information in this thread.
MDDSD: Thanks for response. Are there any specific log files that would help you at?

Currently, a windowed version of chrome opens up. When I click the play-button manually I am getting a "Internal Server Error...An error occurred while accessing the requested resource", and a new tab opens up with the previous series episode I was trying to access. While the keyboard does "work" I am unable to close the google chrome window within xbmc.
(2015-03-08, 23:19)gutterglitter Wrote: [ -> ]MDDSD: Thanks for response. Are there any specific log files that would help you at?

Currently, a windowed version of chrome opens up. When I click the play-button manually I am getting a "Internal Server Error...An error occurred while accessing the requested resource", and a new tab opens up with the previous series episode I was trying to access. While the keyboard does "work" I am unable to close the google chrome window within xbmc.

This sounds like a very strange behavior.
The playback on both Linux and Mac are done by launching two urls, the first one is the login url which takes care of the automatic login and is launched in the default browser (you should set Chrome to be your default browser).
Then 3 seconds later the play url is launch this also with the default browser.

Please make sure that you have Chrome set as your default web browser and that you have your login-credentials set under Settings in the addon.
Downloaded the app and it doesn't play in KODI, opens a website instead. Is it suppose to be like that? I can't imagine that, cause that would be 100% useless. Please help
(2015-03-13, 18:47)Noiz1212 Wrote: [ -> ]Downloaded the app and it doesn't play in KODI, opens a website instead. Is it suppose to be like that? I can't imagine that, cause that would be 100% useless. Please help
If the addon is useless then I suggest that you don't use it Smile
The playback is done through a web browser.
This information is available in the first post.
Unfortunately the HBO nordic videostream is encrypted using Widevine. Which means that Kodi is not able to playback the video...
The addon is currently not working due to changes/redesign made to the HBO Nordic website.
I'm currently investigating how much work it would be to rewrite the addon to work with the new website...
I've been hard at work rewriting the addon, everything is working except the playback of specific episodes/movies.
Unfortunately browsing to the correct episode (when starting playback) is a major problem with the new HBO Nordic website.
Each episode does not have their own url which is a big problem.

I've reached out to HBO Nordic regarding the url-issue, and I'm hoping they will see the benefit of supporting the addon.
Hope you get this working, would be really nice to use this with my Kodi! Smile
I'm currently working with the addon. But this release will only work with Windows.
This is due to HBO Nordic not having a specific url for an episode or movie, so I have to handle this in the HboLauncher application (which is only available on Windows).
Thanks for all of your efforts - it is much appreciated.
It seems the downlink is down - i'm getting the 404 - File or directory not found.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19