Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CPU TEMP SETUP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Cannot seem to figure out how to get xmbc Frodo12 rc2 to show my cpu temp! below in my advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u | tail -n64 | grep temp1_input | awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d\n",$1 + 0.5);}') C"</cputempcommand>

The command was copied from xmbc wiki pages!

My CPU is AMD A8 5600K.

Any help appreciated....Thanks
Anyone know how to do this?

thanks
Hey Bungie,

I've seen this question asked a few times over the last year, but I've never seen a clear answer posted.

Sorry... Fingers crossed though.

I'd love to add it to my setup as well
You need to have a shell command that gets the CPU/GPU temperatures in a usable format. Then <cputempcommand> arguments will work by calling up this command and dumping the results to an XBMC skin, I'm not sure multiple core temps are supported.
You also need lm-sensors installed and configured properly for that line to work, and lm-sensors needs to recognize the cpu.

@PatK that line is for a single core temp output, whre did you get the multiple cores from? But your right multiple cores output for XBMC is not supported.

uNi
Seems a bit tricky, will do without it for now!

Thanks for your replies.
Not really, you just do

Code:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors

Say yes to all questions and press enter at the end.

uNi
(2012-12-30, 23:32)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, you just do

Code:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors

Say yes to all questions and press enter at the end.

uNi

Hi, have no idea on how to use that code, can it be used with windows8?

Thanks
(2012-12-31, 20:07)bungie240 Wrote: [ -> ]..can it be used with windows8?
Aha!

Speedfan
AussieFries,

Can you go into detail about how to set it up with SpeedFan?
Currently the only way to show CPU temperature and fan speeds in XBMC for Windows is by means of a program called Speedfan and the Speedfan Information Display add-on for XBMC.

Download Speedfan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
and install it on your pc.

Run the program and click button Configure. Go to tab Temperatures.
Select your CPU (usually the hottest), press F2 on your keyboard and rename the item to: CPU.temp
Select checkbox 'Logged'

Go to tab Log and select 'Enable'. Press OK.

Install the Speedfan add-on in XBMC. Go to Programs, select Speedfan Information Display and bring up the context menu.
Choose settings and browse to the Speedfan log file path (for me it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan)
Speedfan log files look like: SFLog20130101.csv
Press OK and run Speedfan Information Display. It should now show your CPU temp.

Speedfan (not the add-on) is not the most user friendly program so it may take you some time to get your settings right.

For more info pls view thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122481
Trying this as soon as I get home. Much appreciated!!!
(2013-01-01, 18:04)newoski Wrote: [ -> ]AussieFries,

Can you go into detail about how to set it up with SpeedFan?

Would be useful, thanks.
Does this work on Eden too?