Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noobie Questions here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have a laptop running Win7 with Media Center connected to my TV with a HDMI connection. I have a dual HDHomeRun tuner that I get OTA programs. I use a MCE remote and it works reasonably well. About all we do is watch and record TV. We will occasionally exit out of MC to go to the HULU desktop and to Chrome to get to various network sites to stream programs. For Christmas I got a new shiny Raspberry PI (512 version). I have a second laptop without HDMI that I am willing to use as a server somewhere. I would like to have a second or a third RPi for the other TV's around the house, if I can get this all congealed together. I have looked all over for the last couple of days and am confused as to how I can get things working. Given what I have on hand can I make the switch to XBMC ?

Thanks
what exactly do you want?
you can install xbmc on them, but what exactly are you asking?

you can set up a tv server and stream tv to an xbmc if you are running version 12 (or a custom build) via a tv-server of your choice
(see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR )

additionally you can add add-ons that allow you to watch hulu and maybe some of the other network sites your thinking of

i have seen an plugin that adds MCE remote support, but i don't have any experince with it
What I want to do is replace the Windows MC with xbmc and a couple of RPi's
(2012-12-30, 17:12)edlentz Wrote: [ -> ]I currently have a laptop running Win7 with Media Center connected to my TV with a HDMI connection. I have a dual HDHomeRun tuner that I get OTA programs. I use a MCE remote and it works reasonably well. About all we do is watch and record TV. We will occasionally exit out of MC to go to the HULU desktop and to Chrome to get to various network sites to stream programs. For Christmas I got a new shiny Raspberry PI (512 version). I have a second laptop without HDMI that I am willing to use as a server somewhere. I would like to have a second or a third RPi for the other TV's around the house, if I can get this all congealed together. I have looked all over for the last couple of days and am confused as to how I can get things working. Given what I have on hand can I make the switch to XBMC ?

Thanks

Just get a few different addons. You probably won't even want live tv anymore. Hulu, Crackle, the hub and others can work in xbmc. Try the bluecop repository.