Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Sound Throught HDMI, New to XBMCbuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have just installed a fresh new copy of Xbmcbuntu Eden. But i'm not getting any sound through HDMI.(Works with normal analog mini-jack speakers). I use both video and sound signal through my reciver, so i need to get this working. I have set audio settings to HDMI and mixed around with other audio settings but its not working. The pc is an Toshiba Satellite a350-13l. ( http://www.onyougo.com/toshiba-satellite...pi194599e2 ). I would normally install a realtek driver but i dont know how to fix this.

Thank you for any help solving this.
Try updating to frodo or using frodo xbmcbuntu , the new audioengine make setting up audio easy.
Ran into the same issue, fixed it by using alsamixer to unmute my channels.
As teeedubb said, try the latest RC versions instead and post back if you're still having troubles. Also do what akattg said (unmute all channels in alsamixer. Make sure you press F6 and unmute all other cards' channels as well).
I tried installing "Frodo" but XBMC won't boot, only XBMCbuntu? When i try to start XBMC it tries starting three times (i see logo) and then goes black before returning to login. This doesn't seem to help at all!

Thank you for replying, appreciate it!
(2012-12-31, 13:12)negge Wrote: [ -> ]As teeedubb said, try the latest RC versions instead and post back if you're still having troubles. Also do what akattg said (unmute all channels in alsamixer. Make sure you press F6 and unmute all other cards' channels as well).

I still have troubles.
did you take the correct ISO?

there're two versions of xbmcbuntu frodo. if you took the right one, the only thing that might help is a fresh install. normally it should boot correct to xbmc
(2013-01-02, 03:06)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]did you take the correct ISO?

there're two versions of xbmcbuntu frodo. if you took the right one, the only thing that might help is a fresh install. normally it should boot correct to xbmc

Oh, Stupid mistake there. l'll try another iso.
Same error, clean installed them both! Help!
(2013-01-02, 23:46)Choppercon Wrote: [ -> ]Same error, clean installed them both! Help!
You have described a number of errors (no sound over HDMI, no XBMC at all) - which error persists?

Also we need more info on your hardware (and settings if XBMC starts).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

I don't have a clue what chipsets and graphics/audio hardware there is in a Toshiba Satellite a350-13l, but you do because you have the machine right there. People who want to assist you here do not want to google your PC specs when you can produce the info for us.