Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: *Video* output to secondary monitor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. First time poster, long time enthusiast.

I would like to have my interface on one monitor, while video output goes to a second monitor. Is this possible?
I have a dream for my home theater of having the interface be on a touchscreen off to the side with the video displaying on my main screen.

I have am willing to switch OSs to accomidate this. (I'd like to stay on windows 7, just so I can interface with netflix, but that is the only reason and by no means a priority.)

Thanks for your time and attention.
I do this all the time... using the 'win+p key' will bring forth a extend screen, just open up XBMC in windowed mode move it to the second screen, hit full screen and it should open up full on the second screen (if it jumps back to the first screen, you may have to switch which default is primary, sometimes if you start XBMC before you extend screens it will jump back to primary. Using a web browser and something like AWXi you can pick and control XBMC from the first primary screen. This process can be automated, but get the pieces working in harmony before scripts take up your life.
Hmm, I'd forgotten about the web interface... But I'd like to keep the eye-candy if possible....
I'll resort to the web-interface as a last resort.
Well, perhaps not exactly what you are looking for, but a remote app like XBMC Constellation (or other similar apps) might be something to look into.