Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Newbie to XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

Please can you help with a few questions?

1) How to I set MKV movies within XBMC to play with VLC player

2) I have all my movies inide parent folders for genres such as HORROR, SCI FI etc...., but when I imported each of these folders its just put all the movies under one big list. Please can you tell me how I can set XBMC to see each folder as a genre, for example if I click on my action folder, it will just show me the movies set within my action folder?

Thanks kindly
Chris
(2012-12-31, 13:41)cmmgray Wrote: [ -> ]1) How to I set MKV movies within XBMC to play with VLC player

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

Quote:2) I have all my movies inide parent folders for genres such as HORROR, SCI FI etc...., but when I imported each of these folders its just put all the movies under one big list. Please can you tell me how I can set XBMC to see each folder as a genre, for example if I click on my action folder, it will just show me the movies set within my action folder?

Select Videos then Files and you should see your directories.
Just curious what the advantage would be to use VLC to play MKVs vs just playing them from within XBMC?
(2012-12-31, 13:41)cmmgray Wrote: [ -> ]2) I have all my movies inide parent folders for genres such as HORROR, SCI FI etc...., but when I imported each of these folders its just put all the movies under one big list. Please can you tell me how I can set XBMC to see each folder as a genre, for example if I click on my action folder, it will just show me the movies set within my action folder?

Thanks kindly
Chris

You can of course already filter your library by genre, but that will be by the genre scraped, not the genre you named your folders as. The advanced filtering capabilities in Frodo should allow you to filter on the full source path which would provide you more along what you are asking for. As ixnu replied, you can also browse in file mode instead of library mode, which will show the layout you desire.