Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Youtube script fail message help for novice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there are threads on the youtube plug in script failure but they are far beyond my level. Been happily using XBMC on windows and youtube worked fine till 2 days ago, now when I try load favorites etc I get script fail message.I read that YT have changed things and I have seen some instructions to change youtubeplayer file in note book, firstly when I opened I didnt get same lines as in the post but really this is beyond me. I dont play with XBMC I just use it and till now its been fine.

Is there anyway I can just load a new version of XBMC or the plug in - fixed from somewhere without editing files ? I dont know where to down load these from I just doernloaded XBMC about 2 months ago configured youtube and its been fine.

REALLY APPRECIATE SOME GUIDANCE FOLKS !!
(2012-12-31, 20:00)psburley Wrote: [ -> ]I know there are threads on the youtube plug in script failure but they are far beyond my level. Been happily using XBMC on windows and youtube worked fine till 2 days ago, now when I try load favorites etc I get script fail message.I read that YT have changed things and I have seen some instructions to change youtubeplayer file in note book, firstly when I opened I didnt get same lines as in the post but really this is beyond me. I dont play with XBMC I just use it and till now its been fine.

Is there anyway I can just load a new version of XBMC or the plug in - fixed from somewhere without editing files ? I dont know where to down load these from I just doernloaded XBMC about 2 months ago configured youtube and its been fine.

REALLY APPRECIATE SOME GUIDANCE FOLKS !!

Hi ,

It fixed and tested verified is working
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79487&page=272
Hi thanks for the reply but can you help me install. What do I need to do? do I down load the http://hg.tobiasussing.dk/hgweb.cgi/yout...d2d0cf.zip file and then just run it will it install to xbmc?

I think I need a little more guidance if anyone would be so generous to help me