Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: slideshow screensaver exit messes up menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem & can't figure if its the addon or certain skins. Sometimes, when the screensaver exits I end up in a situation where the menu system becomes totally unresponsive. I can hear the audio pop/click when I press the arrow keys or OK on my remote but the menus do not respond.

This is happening under Frodo RC2 running on Ubuntu and has happened with the Quartz skin & Hybrid.

I've checked the log and I don't see anything.

Any thoughts?
(2013-01-01, 23:40)rcrh Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem & can't figure if its the addon or certain skins. Sometimes, when the screensaver exits I end up in a situation where the menu system becomes totally unresponsive. I can hear the audio pop/click when I press the arrow keys or OK on my remote but the menus do not respond.

This is happening under Frodo RC2 running on Ubuntu and has happened with the Quartz skin & Hybrid.

I've checked the log and I don't see anything.

Any thoughts?

why don't you let us check the log?
Error confirmed in Hybrid you need a mouse to get the menu to respond, I'll get a debug log when able.
(2013-01-02, 00:40)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]Error confirmed in Hybrid you need a mouse to get the menu to respond, I'll get a debug log when able.

See I wasn't crazy Wink
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13698

So now the question is if it's a skin problem or xbmc problems
Here's log in pastebin
Another smaller log without being spammed by a certain script HERE
(2013-01-02, 01:24)Mudislander Wrote: [ -> ]Another smaller log without being spammed by a certain script HERE

See the ticket is posted.
I am getting this issue too. xbmc menu is frozen after screensaver in xbmc 12.0, windows xp, quartz skin. if i press "ok" on my remote or return on my keyboard then its fine again

there's a ticket been raised i see. i don really know what that means but i presume there's no point in me submitting a log.

problem only happens in quartz, not confluence. and it only happens if i am on the home screen when the screensaver starts.