Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me wether the ATV1200 with XBMC is able to play BD and/or DVD iso and/or Folders?
I managed to get the composite output working @576i, but quality is quite low as expected.
Using an external eadapter like:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Mini-HDMI-to-AV-C...5d3935fe34
or
http://www.ebay.it/itm/HDMI-To-Composite...3a7bb6005a
would improve the overall quality and definition?
Thanks
There is strange behaviour with unpredictable random slight color change while watching movie via XBMC. It looks like the device tries to optimize video output during the play.
I thought it is HDMI cable problem and I changed it - did not help.
Does anybody have the similar problem or this is specific for my device?
(2013-02-08, 21:15)stardust Wrote: [ -> ]There is strange behaviour with unpredictable random slight color change while watching movie via XBMC. It looks like the device tries to optimize video output during the play.

i' ve expirienced it to on 1080p content only
[/quote]

i' ve expirienced it to on 1080p content only
[/quote]

I had this on 720p content as well.

I found that the problem was solved by blackvor from Russia
http://forum.iconbit.ru/memberlist.php?m...le&u=40537
He says that it looks like firmware issue of the device and hopes it will be fixed.
HAHAHA, some solution more like a guess.
(2013-02-08, 21:15)stardust Wrote: [ -> ]There is strange behaviour with unpredictable random slight color change while watching movie via XBMC. It looks like the device tries to optimize video output during the play.

it´s a thermic problem, the problem usually occurs after half an hour during playing 1080p mkv (not 720p)... open the upper case and colors will displayed correctly. I think about, let me make a upper-cover from sheet with vents.
My ATV arrived just today.

But after hours of searching I am not able to find an actual version of xbmc with amplayer enabled. Am I just stupid?

Thanks you guys Wink.
@ p.h.i read the first post in this thread
Yeah, I am stupid... installed the newest pivos version before. Now did what I was supossed to do and all is working fine. Thanks.
Glad you're sorted Wink
Can somebody point me in the right direction of the best player to use in xbmc android? I have a my giga 510b box and am using the latest xaf custom build of xbmc. Have been using mx player but it randomly keeps changing itself from h/w to s/w decoding and starts films from the beginning which is very frustrating! Any help greatly received Smile
Just ordered my ATV1200 from mixeshop.
Let's hope it will be delivered, I always have some doubt about those chinese websites.

I searched the web for over a month, for which xbmc box I would buy, and I must say that this topic was decision maker!
First, thebearnecessit, thank you very much for your post, it should be linked in the OP's post! For those trying to figure out how to go about getting the box up and running:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1317422

Now, my question... has anyone hooked this up using the component video? If not, would anyone mind testing the component video to be sure it can run 720p and 1080p?

My setup is component video and digital coaxial audio out due to a video distribution system...

One other question... is anyone here based in the USA, and if so who did you order from and did you have to pay customs/import tax, how much? Ive heard if you have it shipped via post office rather than FedEx/UPS/DHL then you can avoid tariffs...?

Thanks
(2013-02-01, 07:30)srle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-01, 00:14)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]can anyone help?

I can fix aspect ratio problem in the latest xbmc app from pivos, but everytime i turn the machine off and on again the problem is back again.

I'm trying to use script manager to get it to execute a script on every boot, as outlined in the guide I posted in this thread. But script manager isn't running the script when android boots.

to see what was going on i went into script manager and ran the script manually from there. i am getting an error saying "unable to chmod /sys/class/video/axis: operation not permitted."

why is that operation not permitted, when i run that operation from ssh it is permitted and works fine.

the script has to be run as root, make sure you have grantd root access to smanager, and that you have flaged the script for root execution in smanager

i'll have a look in smanager for the flag for root executing. but can you tell me how to grant root access to the smanager app, because im not very experienced in android.