Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mine updated too. It's unfortunate it wipes settings because mine was connected to a standard def TV via composite. So I will have to put it back on an HDTV via HDMI to restore the settings as there's now no picture. Is there anyway I can switch to composite automatically by holding any buttons?

edit: Reinstalled my apps but it seems like videos on GameTrailers with the supplied XBMC version is no longer working for me. Anyone else having the same issues? It was working fine before the update.
Haven't tried that yet myself but the ethernet bug has gone! Just played a film with no issues at all.

It feels quicker too. Antutu scored 7186 with display set to 1080p 60hz for what it's worth
mine updated too..
but getting problems with play store only updating a few programs at once then locking up.. seems to be that it's downloading 2-4k then dies..
not sure if it's because I have manually shifted some programs out to sdcard..

I tested same play store on other devices so it's not my connection. Anyone else got this bug?
Hi,

My device also updated last night but I removed the preinstalled xbmc (march 30th build). Anyone know where I can get that version back. Much appreciated.
I've now done the latest update..... But STILL have the Ethernet issue.

Just watching a 720p film over a SMB connection from the ATV1200 via the Ethernet to a sky router the to a NAS drive. The connection has failed twice in 20mins !
@Blechwok

Thanks a lot! Will reinstall tomorrow and see how well it performs.
Hi Guys,

i'm currently looking for a Android-Box with XBMC to replace my WD-TV live.
So I stumbled upon the ATV1200, which looks very good so far.

Except:
Is there still the issue with 1080p and DTS playback?
As this is quite essential it stops me from buying the box at the moment.

Another question is - as far as i understood it's not possible to use openelec for example.
So Is there any way to set XBMC for autostart, so the box starts and automatically XBMC shows up?

Thank you!
(2013-05-14, 13:01)fallback Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

i'm currently looking for a Android-Box with XBMC to replace my WD-TV live.
So I stumbled upon the ATV1200, which looks very good so far.

Except:
Is there still the issue with 1080p and DTS playback?
As this is quite essential it stops me from buying the box at the moment.

Another question is - as far as i understood it's not possible to use openelec for example.
So Is there any way to set XBMC for autostart, so the box starts and automatically XBMC shows up?

Thank you!

You can autostart xbmcwith an app called autostart I believe.

As for DTS I can play back films with DTS/DTS HD just fine .

There are several ways you might have it setup though.

1)Atv1200 directly to TV via hdmi ( TV will only be stereo) works fine for me

2)Atv1200 hdmi to hdmi receiver (outputs surround sound) av receiver to TV for video.

3)Atv1200 directly to TV via hdmi then SpDIF output to Av receiver for surround audio.

I have only tried 1 so far. Will test 3 tonight . I don't have a hdmi Av receiver
Hi

I have mygica atv1200 with jellybean 4.1.2 build number 20121201 and i cant update in any ways

try online, download 1% and just restart,try with sd card nothing,try with reset button atv1200 wont go to recovery mode.

Do you have instructions for me how to go to recovery mode or maybe i just doing something wrong?
Here a instruction for this: http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-atv1200...uction.asp

Somewhere I found a procedure if you bricked your device.
- Unplug the Power Supply
- Press reset and keep it pressed
- Plug Power Supply
- Wait appr. 5 sec
- Device will go to the menue
- Choose a firmware file
Thanks for update but no luck ,rename update img,zip nothing happened its still the old firmware 20121201 try with reset button but wont go
to recovery mode.Something wrong with box i think
Any ideas?
(2013-05-14, 17:00)blinki4464 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for update but no luck ,rename update img,zip nothing happened its still the old firmware 20121201 try with reset button but wont go
to recovery mode.Something wrong with box i think
Any ideas?

I don't think you're pressing the reset button properly. It took me a while to find something small enough for the reset hole. Can you feel/hear it click when you poke something through the reset hole?

I unplugged from power, HOLD something in the reset hole. Plug in power while still holding reset.
(2013-05-14, 15:01)blinki4464 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I have mygica atv1200 with jellybean 4.1.2 build number 20121201 and i cant update in any ways

try online, download 1% and just restart,try with sd card nothing,try with reset button atv1200 wont go to recovery mode.

Do you have instructions for me how to go to recovery mode or maybe i just doing something wrong?

Hi blinki4464,

Reset button is not power button. Actually, it's not a "button" Wink