Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
new build firmware:

http://www.geniatech.com/news/mx-box-and...rading.asp

Geniatech MX Box Android 4.1 20130506 Firmware Upgrading Instruction
Changed log based on 20130115 firmware version:
1. Beautify mouse icon;
2. XBMC runs smoothly without black screen;
3. Fixed some apps can not be displayed with full screen;
4. Fixed launcher display problem;
5. Fixed YPbPr display problem;
6. Optimized the HDMI compatibility;
7. There is an Easy link option in setting menu to enable CEC function;
8. Wi-Fi can be connected properly after waking up from standby mode;
9. Video can be played properly after waking up from standby mode;
10. Fixed video aspect ratio problem;
11. USB storage still can be detected after waking up from standby mode;
12. Fixed DHCP can not assign an IP address to Ethernet;
13. Hot spot is working on ATV520;
14. Improved online streaming video playback;
15. Fixed Audio output mode can't be saved after restarting the box;
16.Optimized Netflix and YouTube video playback;
17.Fixed the error message that the system does not support Javascript on some websites;
18.Adding uInput for some 3rd party apps.
19.Adding downloading path in Upgrade app;
20. Fixed some other bugs.
(2013-05-14, 17:00)blinki4464 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for update but no luck ,rename update img,zip nothing happened its still the old firmware 20121201 try with reset button but wont go
to recovery mode.Something wrong with box i think
Any ideas?

Just an idea, but you could have the same hardware revision as I do. I believe it's 1.1 this revision has the go to recovery button inside the case. In which case you'll need to open the box and press the tiny button on the print next to the sd-card slot.

Another far easier method is to download an app called rebootmenu, in which you can select to reboot into recovery. :)
Is there any log file i can view on the ATV1200 which i can view/post when the ethernet drop out occurs ?

Where can i find the log file ? Would it be a xbmc log or a atv1200 log ?
(2013-05-14, 23:12)fluxcapacitor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-14, 17:00)blinki4464 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for update but no luck ,rename update img,zip nothing happened its still the old firmware 20121201 try with reset button but wont go
to recovery mode.Something wrong with box i think
Any ideas?

I don't think you're pressing the reset button properly. It took me a while to find something small enough for the reset hole. Can you feel/hear it click when you poke something through the reset hole?

I unplugged from power, HOLD something in the reset hole. Plug in power while still holding reset.
Hi
I am doing all that but no luck,hear clik only black screen
Something wrong with box-cant download anything asking for mounting sd card(have sd card in slot mounted),when turn off and on box erase all my xbmc settings-always first start of xbmc,torrent problem asking mounting sd card and so on..............
This is my second box,firts one just shutting down,third i think luck
Seems faster with these new images (update_MX_20130506 and update_spi_MX_20130510). Thanks.

Issue I am having now though is that XBMC cannot see Windows SMB shares. Previously adding that type of storage showed WORKGROUP and let me select from shares within there. But doesn't see the workgroup now. Manual entry times out. I can see my PC fine through uPNP where I see the Windows Media Centre for that PC. I can also see my NAS here. But not through SMB which worked previously.
Any ideas anyone please? It will be great to replace my massive HTPC with this small box!
Thanks.
(2013-04-27, 20:45)scorpio2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello thebearnecessit,
I need and would like to use your scripts. But I dont really now how to. Would you please give me directions?Appreciated.Thank you.

(2013-03-17, 21:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]with the atv1200 xbmc sometimes forgets skin and skin settings. this doesn't seem to effect most atv1200 users but it effect some of us for some reason!

but i find if i exit the xbmc app before powering the unit off then i dont get the problem. and i also DON'T have xbmc setup to start automatically with android on startup.

but if it does happen to you regularly then i have two scripts that can help you to recover your old settings:

script 1) backs up the two files that xbmc needs in order to remember your skin and skin settings
script 2) copies your two backed up files into the xbmc folder so that all your skin and skin settings are remembered

here is what script 1 looks like:
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/
cp /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml /storage/sdcard0/stuff/

here is what script 2 looks like:
cp /sdcard/stuff/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /sdcard/stuff/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

if anyone wants to use these scripts but isn't surre how then just post a message in this thread and i can try to help.

NOTE1: the system relies on you remembering to close xbmc and run script 2 every time you make skin changes. then you only ever need script 1 when xbmc forgets your settings.

NOTE2: the sdcard is called different things in each script. its not a typo, its just the only way i found it would work on my box.

scorpio, you should find more detailed instructions a few posts down from the post you quoted. if not, then just let me know what bit you are stuck at and I or someone else will try and help.
(2013-05-04, 12:33)jevgenijo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-02, 14:12)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]everything was fine using hdmi, but the speakers on my tv are a bit crap.

so ive tried getting the sound through my HiFi by plugging RCA cables from the atv1200 to my HiFi.

there's no sound coming through at all on the HiFi, is it supposed to just work automatically straight away , or is there some android or xbmc setting that I am supposed to change?
Have you tried to change output device in the device settings? By default it outputs sound to hdmi and if you wand to output it to digital output you have to make changes in the settings.

Thanks for replying to try and help. My tv has crap speakers so i want to get sound through my HiFi.

Has anyone got sound coming out of their ATV1200 via the RCA ports?

My HiFi only has those red and white type inputs (I think they are called RCA). I have plugged my HiFi RCA ports into my ATV1200 ports. I used the ATV1200 Ports marked "L" & "R". But I get no sound through my stereo.

Does that sound correct?

In the android app "settings", i went into the "sound" section and clicked on "digital audio output" which gives me 3 settings
1 PCM
2 SPDIF passthrough
3 HDMI passthrough

I don't really know what these mean but none of them send the sound to my HiFi.

Has anyone got sound coming out of their ATV1200 via the RCA ports?

do i maybe need a firmware update to get more options in the sound setings?

(bonus question, the website describes "CVBS composite audio", are these the top row of yellow, white and red ports? is it these red and white ports that i plug my RCA cables into to connect to my HiFi?)
The sound coming out of the analog output is fine in general. It works with PCM and also HDMI.
SPDIF passthrough I think as well.

-> I am using HDMI.

I tried them all because with the PIVOS build I have problems with the sound. It is working but there are drop outs (less than 1sec) and disturbances.
Anybody who has the same problem??

With the Geniatech XBMC builds (20130330) the sound is fine.

Please set the XBMC sound output to 2.0
Please try with another player than XBMC. Do you have Dual sound (HDMI & analog) here?
(2013-05-15, 13:06)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems faster with these new images (update_MX_20130506 and update_spi_MX_20130510). Thanks.

Issue I am having now though is that XBMC cannot see Windows SMB shares. Previously adding that type of storage showed WORKGROUP and let me select from shares within there. But doesn't see the workgroup now. Manual entry times out. I can see my PC fine through uPNP where I see the Windows Media Centre for that PC. I can also see my NAS here. But not through SMB which worked previously.
Any ideas anyone please? It will be great to replace my massive HTPC with this small box!
Thanks.

Update -
Turns out it wasn't an Android related issue. But this thread seems popular so in case it helps anyone else, I found the answer here (or it was the reboot of that same PC ): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116034&page=2

Relevant detail from that post:

Set the following registry key to ’1′:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache

and set the following registry key to ’3′:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size

After making these changes please reboot
(2013-05-15, 17:08)Blechwok Wrote: [ -> ]The sound coming out of the analog output is fine in general. It works with PCM and also HDMI.

-> I am using HDMI.

I tried them all because with the PIVOS build I have problems with the sound. It is working but there are drop outs (less than 1sec) and disturbances.

Please try with another player than XBMC. Do you have Dual sound (HDMI & analog) here?

well i don't know what im doing wrong then.

i have the hdmi cable from box to tv so i get picture and sound no problem.

then i put red & white style RCA cables from box to HiFi. what do you mean by dual sound? Nothing comes through the HiFi but sound still coming through fine on my crappy tv speakers.

I have no idea why i don't get sound from the HiFi.

I am using the white port labelled "L" and the red port labelled "R". they are in the top row next to the yellow port labelled "CVBS".

I'm using the cable that came with the ATV!200, I presume the yellow cable is for video and therefore I don't need to plug that into anything? even tried a different cable in case it was that. ive tried a different media player now too, but no luck.

is it supposed to be sending sound through these ports at the same time as it sends sound through hdmi?
(2013-05-15, 19:45)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-15, 17:08)Blechwok Wrote: [ -> ]The sound coming out of the analog output is fine in general. It works with PCM and also HDMI.

-> I am using HDMI.

well i don't know what im doing wrong then.

i have the hdmi cable from box to tv so i get picture and sound no problem.

then i put red & white style RCA cables from box to HiFi. what do you mean by dual sound? Nothing comes through the HiFi but sound still coming through fine on my crappy tv speakers.

I have no idea why i don't get sound from the HiFi.

I am using the white port labelled "L" and the red port labelled "R". they are in the top row next to the yellow port labelled "CVBS".

I'm using the cable that came with the ATV!200, I presume the yellow cable is for video and therefore I don't need to plug that into anything? even tried a different cable in case it was that. ive tried a different media player now too, but no luck.

is it supposed to be sending sound through these ports at the same time as it sends sound through hdmi?

Just tested and I can get analogue audio out from the back via RCA when also plugged in to Hdmi for video.

Seems to work if android settings> sound is set to PCM or hdmi pass through .

Maybe your box is faulty
It's working. Don't know what was wrong or how I fixed it, but its working Big Grin

firmware update didnt seem to fix it, then out the blue it started working after a few reboots.

thanks for helping.
Nice to hear!

I had also success: I GOT AIRPLAY RUNNING.

May be for many of you this is nothing new, but I was unclear why it does not work on XBMC...
But now I found out that beside the generel activation you have to assign a password as well.

I never has been ask for this password by my iPhone or iPad, but it works with picture, video and music.
(2013-05-16, 00:18)Blechwok Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to hear!

I had also success: I GOT AIRPLAY RUNNING.

May be for many of you this is nothing new, but I was unclear why it does not work on XBMC...
But now I found out that beside the generel activation you have to assign a password as well.

I never has been ask for this password by my iPhone or iPad, but it works with picture, video and music.

The current firmwares already have their own Airplay server built in that works before you've even loaded or installed Xbmc.

If you enable the airplay server in xbmc as well I think it can confuse your iphone etc as there are two airplay servers on the same machine trying to do the same thing.