Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-06-15, 22:55)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 21:13)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm certainly having the best success so far with spi_MX_20130510 and MX_20130506. Using the XBMC apk taken from the update_Mygica_A6_20130610 firmware as someone mentioned previously.
I can make the apk file available but don't have an account that readily facilitates such. I'm sure someone will suggest something easy if they want to avoid having to navigate a box in chinese with a remote that doesn't function correctly!
Shame it takes a day to import a library...

i'd love to get a hld of this apk. why not stick it in your public dropbox folder?

whats this about the library?? Big Grin how many films have you GOT exactly?

Been testing for a while now and everything is perfect. No intermittent greenish colour issues. No ethernet hangs. No pause results in halted playback when on wifi (not that it matter with ethernet but anyway). Not had to restart XBMC once which is way better than previously. Audio in sync (PCM tested). All good it seems. I may be imagining a slight graininess about the picture, not sure; but it is worth it given that everything else is so stable.
Not sure if I've worked out the dropbox thing but hopefully this link works for the apk file as previously mentioned. Hopefully it defaults in english.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8308...Mygica.apk

Turns out it had crashed on library import. But around 12TB of data in total I guess.
(2013-06-16, 18:05)@Row Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks does anyone use the Measy RC11 air mouse with their ATV1200? If the light becomes red on the remote does it mean the batteries are flat?
Yes.......................
For anyone with a Mele F10 or other controller

I found an app on the market called ' Multilanguage keymap remapper' which has let me configure the other buttons without having to mess with editing files.

Not all buttons are recognised in the key test but now I can bring up the menu/context menus etc

(Context menu is usually the key C)

Unfortunately the 'menu' button on the remote seems to only work as mouse right click aka BACK so you have to map a different button
(2013-06-16, 21:05)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 22:55)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 21:13)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm certainly having the best success so far with spi_MX_20130510 and MX_20130506. Using the XBMC apk taken from the update_Mygica_A6_20130610 firmware as someone mentioned previously.
I can make the apk file available but don't have an account that readily facilitates such. I'm sure someone will suggest something easy if they want to avoid having to navigate a box in chinese with a remote that doesn't function correctly!
Shame it takes a day to import a library...

i'd love to get a hld of this apk. why not stick it in your public dropbox folder?

Been testing for a while now and everything is perfect. No intermittent greenish colour issues. No ethernet hangs. No pause results in halted playback when on wifi (not that it matter with ethernet but anyway). Not had to restart XBMC once which is way better than previously. Audio in sync (PCM tested). All good it seems. I may be imagining a slight graininess about the picture, not sure; but it is worth it given that everything else is so stable.
Not sure if I've worked out the dropbox thing but hopefully this link works for the apk file as previously mentioned. Hopefully it defaults in english.

Turns out it had crashed on library import. But around 12TB of data in total I guess.

Update - still an issue with ethernet. Spontaneous drop out resulting in halted playback and then reset req'd. Trying wifi now. If pause doesn't result in stopped playback then hopefully still a winner (at least for me). But I'd guess it is more of a firmware issue than with XBMC itself as the build in browser also couldn't get on the net after issue occurred.

Further update - seems the ethernet drop-out is related to the wifi pause=stop issue. With ethernet disconnected the wifi works flawlessly (at least for me). So still some issues, but the best build so far for me based upon my usage and setup etc.
Anyway my public link to dropbox has been suspended due to traffic so I assume it'll open back up after a proscribed period of time. If not post on here and we can try something else if anyone else needs that apk. Unfortunately it isn't the totally 100% perfect experience I'd hoped it would be but still the best so far.
(2013-06-17, 19:46)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-16, 21:05)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 22:55)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]i'd love to get a hld of this apk. why not stick it in your public dropbox folder?

Update - still an issue with ethernet. Spontaneous drop out resulting in halted playback and then reset req'd. Trying wifi now. If pause doesn't result in stopped playback then hopefully still a winner (at least for me). But I'd guess it is more of a firmware issue than with XBMC itself as the build in browser also couldn't get on the net after issue occurred.

Further update - seems the ethernet drop-out is related to the wifi pause=stop issue. With ethernet disconnected the wifi works flawlessly (at least for me). So still some issues, but the best build so far for me based upon my usage and setup etc.
Anyway my public link to dropbox has been suspended due to traffic so I assume it'll open back up after a proscribed period of time. If not post on here and we can try something else if anyone else needs that apk. Unfortunately it isn't the totally 100% perfect experience I'd hoped it would be but still the best so far.

It is still blocked due to high bandwidth lol, can you post it up here?
its still blocked and the link is about 7 posts up.
(2013-06-13, 22:54)bluemeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-13, 07:31)red green Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if anyone noticed, but Geniatech released their source codes 7 days ago. Hopefully that can bridge the gap

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?5...#post71526

http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/06/06/ge...c-release/

This is not for the ATV1200 though...

It doesn't matter, most if not all of these amlogic processors are made by this company, and most of the firmwares are Identical with the acception of the product validation.
Pivos however takes a different approach to their custom xbmc build and it doesn't work well with other amlogic devices
This build that was released by genitech is generic and works on most if not all of their products... It's pretty much solved the hardware acceleration issue and runs 1080p & 720 with ease...
http://www.mygica.de/download/ATV1200/xb...130330.zip
This is the most current release

(2013-06-13, 07:44)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If someone wants to point out the threads that have good info, it might be something to add to the wiki.
When I get a chance I'll sift through it again and gather some of the key points for you.... There's a real void when it comes to specific information when it comes to these set top boxes, bits and pieces are scattered everywhere.

I can see the masses who indirectly support the evolution of these units getting discouraged quickly...

If they can easily see results these units will sell better and even better solutions will come.
(2013-06-18, 20:47)red green Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty much solved the hardware acceleration issue and runs 1080p & 720 with ease...
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...130326.zip
This is the most current release

That link doesn't work. Do you have an up-to-date link for the current release?

Regards.
(2013-06-18, 21:52)atv2jber Wrote: [ -> ]That link doesn't work. Do you have an up-to-date link for the current release?

Regards.

Sorry about that... I fixed the link it's ok now.. It's been posted in this thread a coupe times now.
(2013-06-17, 19:46)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]Update - still an issue with ethernet. Spontaneous drop out resulting in halted playback and then reset req'd. Trying wifi now. If pause doesn't result in stopped playback then hopefully still a winner (at least for me). But I'd guess it is more of a firmware issue than with XBMC itself as the build in browser also couldn't get on the net after issue occurred.

Why cant Geniatech just put in a proper Ethernet port that works..I mean how hard is it.. they must realize by now that this is a problem..in fact any one with this problem should post a message on their Facebook page. I have it too on the older box and Have a feeling that it is happening on this ATV1200 as well. I know there is a script floating round that kinda solves it. but at that's not a proper fix.. and if they cant do it it just becomes another shitty Chinese company selling product for a quick buck.

I have gone for a HTPC build which is 2x times the price but so far its been plug and play with out all this rooting round we have to do with these dam box's. And this ATV will become a bedroom box as its just not cut for primetime as yet.
is no-one else having a slight stutter when playing music files?

whichever xbmc apk i use im getting a tiny stutter maybe two or three times per track.

it happens with every music file ive tried to play (except the bbc iplayer live radio streams which are fine):

happens on:

mp3's saved to the local sdcard
mp3's streaming from a computer on my local network
the last.fm addon does it too (and it does it the worst - maybe 5 or 6 stuters per track)

can't believe it just me? maybe people just haven't noticed, its not obvious all the time unless you crank it up and listen properly for a minute or two. its not always obvious but its obvious maybe once in each track so its annoying Sad

maybe i need different firmware? im using the firmware that comes with the box and auto-updates.
I have the same audio Problems! Latest atv1200 firm, tried all xbmc versions! I' m using passthrough mode with optical/toslink connection. Only mp3 audio listening is horrible, Film Audio is Perfect in Dolby or DTS.
Audio for mp3 seems to be bad decoded!

Thanks for help
this will help:

don´t use pivos-xbmc releases or the like... audio add-ons, mp3 -playing sounds are clicking and stuttering

If you use the geniatech xbmc release, the sound is fine and clear.
Hi,

I tried to use my wireless xbox 360 comptroller with my ATV1200 without success...

I have the wireless USB receiver that should work with any linux/android pc/box with the "joydev.ko" module installed/loaded in the kernel. But I discover that our ATV1200 does not have this module available... :-(

So I've sent an email to geniatech support asking for help. Today I received this patch file from "Judy" (Geniatech support). Unfortunately I'll just be able to try it tonight (Brazil time). But if someone is interested in this function, please see the patch and the install instructions below:

IMG Patch link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz4s6pGa...sp=sharing

Code:
Dear Ricardo,

Please try to update attached patch, we confirmed it supports XBOX 360.
Copy the file to SD card or USB disk, connect to the box and run upgrade app, choose local update to upgrade the file.

Best Regards,

Judy
(2013-06-21, 13:05)Xardos Wrote: [ -> ]this will help:

don´t use pivos-xbmc releases or the like... audio add-ons, mp3 -playing sounds are clicking and stuttering

If you use the geniatech xbmc release, the sound is fine and clear.

Could you post a download link to a newer working releaseof xbmx that is Build for this hw? I'm not sure, but for ne it seems as if geniatech builds are focussed on atv520 devices without optical toslink audio out connections. I think i'm actually using a xios build from the beginning of may. Aren't xios builds the same as geniatech onesHuh
By the way: i don't use addons and the mp3 sound ist stuttering and very flat, like mp3s with a bitrate at 80kbits

Sad