Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Duplicate post.
(2013-07-08, 18:28)bluemeane Wrote: [ -> ].
...[...]
How do i do it for multiple paths? Do I just add another 'From and to'? Like this?

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/Thumbnails
<from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data
<to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/addon_data
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks in advance.

DosenĀ“t work that way. Each <substitute>-Tag only one diversion:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
        <from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
        <to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>

<substitute>
         <from>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/</from>
         <to>/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmc-data/addon_data/</to>
    </substitute>

</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

look at this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Path_substitution
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ts_of_XBMC

Edit: code-correction missing End </ >-tags
Thanks! Big Grin
(2013-07-08, 05:39)dgcruzing Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-08, 05:24)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]3 times, really. that's some voodoo there Smile

Tongue yup.. and its voodoo that is killing our partitions.. haha..

Comes from the old days of flashing phones and tablets.
only wish that Geniatech opened up a bit more and let some talented developers like
Mike1986 from Android Revolution HD get their hands on the code and give us flash-able wipes that work and roms that
make these box's sing..

Take my hat of to you Davilla and the Pivos crew for providing your customers stable releases for the box's you provide to them.
It should only be a matter of time before that happens... They have just recently release their source codes
http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/06/06/ge...c-release/
Actually, my source at Geniatech says says they never gave the ICS source code to xbmcandroid and AMLogic is super pissed off at Geniatech right now. Both Geniatech and AMLogic are very interested in how xbmcandroid came to acquire this source code.
Thanks dgcruzing and cfraser for your help. I was able to boot into recovery and upgrade to 07032013 build where xbmc video is working again. Note 07032013 is a 4.1.2 android build as opposed to 4.2.2 in 06282013. 07032013 is working great except for the fact that the xbmc userdata directly seems to be stored in a different place than prior build and the sdcard0 folder is supposedly not mounted.
(2013-07-09, 04:28)Robikonobi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks dgcruzing and cfraser for your help. I was able to boot into recovery and upgrade to 07032013 build where xbmc video is working again. Note 07032013 is a 4.1.2 android build as opposed to 4.2.2 in 06282013. 07032013 is working great except for the fact that the xbmc userdata directly seems to be stored in a different place than prior build and the sdcard0 folder is supposedly not mounted.

I had a problem with this, that's why I went with this new patch. I will check once I am home to see where its all sitting.
but a good indication is that it is all working well is to check on the Setting\Storage and make sure its all looking good..
I will post a screen snap later tonight once home..

also test that the screen snap is working.. as if it cant save a snap..
then your partitions ares still screwed. (as mine where) and you may have to flash it all again until it sets itself right.

re: Release of code:

To my mind its a good thing both for AMLogic & Geniatech to provide unlocked boot loaders and Kernel sources so that kernel developers can do the work that they are not doing. You only have to look to our beloved TF-101 from Asus that was never going to get an upgrade to 4.2.2 but the talent developers that have worked for free have given us new lease of life on this things.. in fact they run the best they ever have.. Same as on the SG3's, mine runs better without the Samsung bloat.

So the point of this is that given a more open source approach to this, it will move faster in to the "User" Domain (as they would sell more) as we are still the early adopters and sufferers of this mix mash of code, chips and boards. Nod
(2013-07-05, 13:16)dgcruzing Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 12:25)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah firmware as you stated (4.1). I have automatic updates turned off - too many times automatic updates have broken something (across various platforms). There are still a couple of niggly issues but nothing that I can't put up with. Worst case you sometimes need to stop playback and then resume. Not the end of the world and doesn't happen very often.
Can't comment on upgrade/downgrade issues. I've flashed the firmwares via recovery and applied the ethernet path from within the OS with the Upgrade app. All I need is for XBMC to work flawlessly; I don't really care about much else.

So on the 05 firmware you flashed the ethernet patch?..
Notice any differences?

On MX_20130506 and spi_MX_20130510 with update_Ethernet_patch_20130625. Yeah big difference. Previously ethernet would hang and XBMC would need to be force stopped or the whole box needed rebooted. Now I never have to do that. It isn't perfect; on occasion when resuming from pause it stops. Occasionally the picture lags for a second then there is slight banding on the picture (very intermittent and work around is to just skip it back 7secs). But it is very near perfect. As I said before I've replaced an HTPC with this (small power profile, quieter, starts up faster).

(2013-07-06, 17:44)gomnson Wrote: [ -> ]Hiya guys..I need a bit of help/advice...
I have a sumvision cyclone x2..
currently on :
update_spi_MX_20130510 and update_MX_20130506

Use to have ethernet dropouts but not anymore since I installed update_Ethernet_patch_20130625.

My current xbmc installed is xbmcapp-armeabi-DroidTV-050713.apk.

Now that everything seems to be working as it should be, I was wondering if this would be possible..
I'd like to connect 4 external usb hdds to the device.. share it and have access to the shares from a windows machine so I
can copy file across to the usb disks if I need to.

If it's possible...then please how do I do it...?

Thnks..

I'm sure it'll be possible but not something I've done myself. If you don't mind having your PC on when you watch stuff, you could leave the drives connected to the PC and then just share them to the box that way round? My mate had an issue with drives being remapped to different positions which caused issues with his library - would avoid that too,
(2013-07-07, 02:47)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone have FF, RW PLAY and STOP working on this box?

i have wifi keyboards so i can just use the keyboard buttons fine, but this is no use for friends family, the wife etc.

does anyone know of any IR remotes that can do FF RW PLAY and STOP?

I'm using Yatse remote (android phone) and all the functions work as expected. My TV even pauses when someone calls and text messages pop up on the screen also. Voice activated controls were just added to the last update. Bit of a gimmick as you can press the corresponding function button as readily as the 'talk' button but still kind of cool. Can even stream the content to the phone (DTS audio doesn't work though).
regarding my question on FF RW PLAY and STOP - are we honestly saying that no-one at all has go a remote where they can simply press the FF / RW / PLAY / STOP buttons?

i have a programmable logitech remote, and i programmed it to pretend to be the pivos remote. works great except fro the above buttons.

I have another programmable remote (a universal remote) that can learn any signal. but despitae all these remotes I have no way of setting up FF / RW / PLAY / STOP buttons??

that's a shame because it renders the machine almost unusable for kids / friends / wifes etc.

dgcruzing - im sorry i have no idea what firmware i used when i did my factory reset. but its probably possible to figure out from the date of my post on the subject. it would be the latest official geniatech one at the time im sure.
Hi,
How can insert a Ext4 Mount in vold.fstab ?
i Will create a Links from /storage/sdcard0/Android /data dir to the Ext4-USB ! (if that goes!)

I can Mount a USB-Stick ext4 with >> mount -t ext4 /dev/block/sdc1 /mnt/stick <<

Orginal :

vold.fstab 1003/1003 100%
## Vold 2.0 fstab

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
## flags - (optional) Comma separated list of flags, must not contain '/' character
######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#use this line to support VIRTUAL CDROM.And you can define the directory where you want to mount
loop_mount loop /mnt/VIRTUAL_CDROM
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard auto /devices/platform/AMLOGIC_CARD/card_host/memorycard0 /devices/platform/aml_sd_m
mc.0
dev_mount flash /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/mtd/mtd6/avnftlg /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd6/avnftlg
asec flash
#dev_mount sata /mnt/sata auto /devices/lm2
#media_mount usb /mnt/usb 4 /devices/lm0/usb1/

(2013-07-09, 08:40)dgcruzing Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-09, 04:28)Robikonobi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks dgcruzing and cfraser for your help. I was able to boot into recovery and upgrade to 07032013 build where xbmc video is working again. Note 07032013 is a 4.1.2 android build as opposed to 4.2.2 in 06282013. 07032013 is working great except for the fact that the xbmc userdata directly seems to be stored in a different place than prior build and the sdcard0 folder is supposedly not mounted.

I had a problem with this, that's why I went with this new patch. I will check once I am home to see where its all sitting.
but a good indication is that it is all working well is to check on the Setting\Storage and make sure its all looking good..
I will post a screen snap later tonight once home..

also test that the screen snap is working.. as if it cant save a snap..
then your partitions ares still screwed. (as mine where) and you may have to flash it all again until it sets itself right.

Going back to the 05062013 firmware fixed the partition problem (after doing a factory reset). I would advise everyone to stay away from the June and July 2013 build as they have been nothing but trouble.
(2013-07-08, 22:54)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, my source at Geniatech says says they never gave the ICS source code to xbmcandroid and AMLogic is super pissed off at Geniatech right now. Both Geniatech and AMLogic are very interested in how xbmcandroid came to acquire this source code.

I don't see why they would be upset or supprised... If they arn't interested in making their equipment work according to customer requirements than they should get out of the game...The way I see it they advertise open source but they lock everything up... They can't have it both ways...

This equipment is made to be hacked and modded, that's why people by it... Look how poorly the roku is doing in comparison.. Maybe Amlogic should go that route... lol

I would be interested in your candid opinion on the topic if you were able to offer it publicly.. I know you have worked for pivos and have done some very nice work for their devices.. I'm also aware that pivos like to play the open source closed source game to a certain extent as well...

If it wasn't for the original pivos xbmc we wouldn't even be having this great amplayer discussion for other devices...
A couple of days ago I switched my router channel to 13. I noticed that Wifi performance on the ATV1200 became unstable and would constantly fluctuate between good and no signal. Switching back to a channel between 1-11 stabilizes the signal on the box. Is it just down to the wifi chip put in each box?
Channel 13 is not allowed in certain parts of the world. Maybe the equipment you use is built for use in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels