Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-17, 07:16)dgcruzing Wrote: [ -> ]2. Entropy - some believe in it and some done..but stock is low..use the check rand entropy apk from market to see how yours is..
I use seeder.apk to up mine to 4096.. Seems to make android perform just that little bit better..

Question...where is it stored?... I know I can use the maintenance wizard to clear it..but I want to be able keep an eye on it myself.

Best rom yet but did see a lot of lag still so gave seeder a try Nice only set it too moderate though as aggressive seem to dump xbmc to desktop,

Sure I used a continuous cache cleaner some time in the past but cant for the life of me remember the name although I only use local drives all ntfs externals and don't seem to hit any cache errors.

Nice Geniatech well done it kinda turns android on its head using these as desktop boxes so there will be teething problems.

Regards
Has anyone figured out the colour issue yet?

After a video plays for a while, it starts to flicker purple and green, with oddly colored bars on the screen.

I dont know if it's an XBMC issue or a Geniatech one, but it's really spoiling playback.

Im using the latest pivos nightly and I think the latest firmware that was automatically downloaded, the one with the ethernet fix.
Does any 1 have working Bitstream (passthrough) via HDMI? I can't get it working, Please however note my tv EDID does not allow it so this could be a issue, I can override this on my 360 using the "display discovery" option Smile any way to do this on XBMC?

Here is the guide i used on my 360 http://forums.astrogaming.com/showthread.php?4718

Anything similar to this for android? i need to force ignoring or overriding my EDID for my HDTV.
(2013-08-17, 18:27)jonnyhibbert Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone figured out the colour issue yet?

After a video plays for a while, it starts to flicker purple and green, with oddly colored bars on the screen.

I dont know if it's an XBMC issue or a Geniatech one, but it's really spoiling playback.

Im using the latest pivos nightly and I think the latest firmware that was automatically downloaded, the one with the ethernet fix.

Never had this issuie..you might want to check that your cords/hdmi plug are ok..
I did notice a bit more flicker going on..a bit like on the tablets..but over all I have never had a banding issiue as you described. .
(2013-08-17, 18:27)jonnyhibbert Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone figured out the colour issue yet?

I think a lot of us are experiencing variants of this. The picture pauses for a fraction of a second and then I've got some green tint issue on the picture (quickly and easily fixed by hitting the 'go back 7secs' button). My mate gets it worse. Interestingly a new box for my dad is built with same firmware and hardly does it at all. I've actually left it on the old firmware rather than this new one as it is 99% perfect. So I wonder if it is something to do with the hardware. It was a lot less noticeable with a better hdmi cable on my box.

Aside - loving the Quartz skin.
Is anyone else having problems controlling the XBMC app that comes with the new update? Mine sometimes has a mind of its own. It will go down by itself when I'm not pressing the down arrow on the controller or the keyboard. Apart from that, the new update seems great. I was using 1channel on it yesterday and it seemed very smooth. I'm not the biggest fan of the default skin on XBMC, but the NEON skin really slowed things down last time. Do you think that will still be the case?
I installed the latest firmware - it ran successfully, but if I'd read this thread first, I'd have known to take a backup of my XBMC user data first as the update removes it all. (Anyone wishing to do so, its at storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ by default. I presume that userdata from Frodo 12.0 will be compatable with Frodo 12.2?

It's also worth nothing that the update wipes any installed apps you may have, and sets the Android settings back to default. I've had to reinstall the SSH server and set the Ethernet to a fixed IP again.

I was getting stuttering when playing music (not played videos yet), but got round it by creating and advancedsettings.xml file in the userdata folder which sets the default audio player to DVDPlayer.

It looks like it's now able to read and write to my NTFS external USB drive without needing ParagonNTFS.
Hi,
i have Update my ATV1200, and in new XBMX Version 12.2 did not activate the Movies !

Seven7....
(2013-08-18, 18:03)seven7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
i have Update my ATV1200, and in new XBMX Version 12.2 did not activate the Movies !

Seven7....

What? Are you saying xbmc has no movies section? as its normal for it not to show movies until videos are added to the library.
Hi,
I mean.... the Movie-Menu is deactivate and can not found the Option
to activate.

Seven7
(2013-08-18, 23:09)seven7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I mean.... the Movie-Menu is deactivate and can not found the Option
to activate.

Seven7

yeah as stated above its to do with telling xbmc where your movies are (adding to the xbmc library). then you will have a movies section. so you need to google "add movies to xbmc library" and see how you get on.

Might want to try a different HDMI lead, the one I was using would regularly cause the box to lock up with green/purple-ish 'corrupt' screen, I've swapped it and this one seems a lot better, although now and again I get full screen of what looks like 1080 monochrome 'static' or white noise, for a couple of seconds before normal operation resumes.

Point is any video wierdness I'd eliminate your HDMI lead to start with.
(2013-08-19, 12:38)rl4engx Wrote: [ -> ]

Might want to try a different HDMI lead, the one I was using would regularly cause the box to lock up with green/purple-ish 'corrupt' screen, I've swapped it and this one seems a lot better, although now and again I get full screen of what looks like 1080 monochrome 'static' or white noise, for a couple of seconds before normal operation resumes.

Point is any video wierdness I'd eliminate your HDMI lead to start with.

Agreed (and as I had stated previously ;p).

I've seen that 'white noise' issue but not sure which box it was on now (currently messing with a second for my dad). Think it was newest firmware but not sure. Hasn't happened since reseating cables and power cycling the unit.
Hi
I bought this box following advices on another forum and I have some issues with it, for example it doesn't play AVI XVID files smooth - eg file below is bit choppy, like it's dropping frames - fight scene is the worst, when that guy gets punched in the face:

http://tinyurl.com/kzl732y

How is it working for you? And I get this choppiness in built in player and mx player as well :/ and it's not only this file, I checked few files and most of them had same issue :/
MVK with much higher bitrate seems ok.. Any ideas?
(2013-08-19, 18:32)pozmu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I bought this box following advices on another forum and I have some issues with it, for example it doesn't play AVI XVID files smooth - eg file below is bit choppy, like it's dropping frames - fight scene is the worst, when that guy gets punched in the face:

http://tinyurl.com/kzl732y

How is it working for you? And I get this choppiness in built in player and mx player as well :/ and it's not only this file, I checked few files and most of them had same issue :/
MVK with much higher bitrate seems ok.. Any ideas?

I've played tonnes of tv shows which are old divx and xvid avi files and they all play fine.

Importing/updating library on the new firmware was taking an age and cpu was at 99% load. Removed DirectoryBind and now using FolderMount and things are moving along more smoothly. Still [xbmc hang] issues on exit though. Thankfully doesn't seem to be impacting any write-backs to the database or whatnot.