Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any news of the LINUX version for the ATV1200, i have been following the j1nx website who posted a video of a working version back in May, but its all gone quiet.
I would like to know this too it just looked like they stopped working on it when they were in full flow strange.
I check the forums daily, but there has been no activity. Tried posting to the thread at the bottom of ''http://www.j1nx.nl/amlogic-mx-linux-armhf-3-0-50-kernel-xbmc/'' but the captcha doesn't work.

They seemed to be going along at a really fast pace, then stopped for the summer ?
I built a ps3 module for this if interested let me no
(2013-08-20, 15:21)theINSKIP Wrote: [ -> ]I check the forums daily, but there has been no activity. Tried posting to the thread at the bottom of ''http://www.j1nx.nl/amlogic-mx-linux-armhf-3-0-50-kernel-xbmc/'' but the captcha doesn't work.

They seemed to be going along at a really fast pace, then stopped for the summer ?

Yeah, a lot of use needed to make up with the wifes and take them on vacation Wink

Will be picked up soon though.

(The forums will be moved away from Wordpress into a seperate MyBB forum, so will not bother looking into the captcha thing)
Thanks for the update j1nx, glad to know that its still in the pipeline.

Thanks for all your hard work
(2013-08-14, 18:18)@Row Wrote: [ -> ]There's a new optional Metro style launcher/interface which is rather nice. [...]
Can somebody post a screenshot of the new "metro launcher", please?! Smile
(2013-08-21, 16:12)testie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-14, 18:18)@Row Wrote: [ -> ]There's a new optional Metro style launcher/interface which is rather nice. [...]

Thank you, "Bergl" for the pictures.Big Grin
But I expected a better looking metro design than this one, so it´s disappointing for me. SadNo

My question for customizing the GUI of atv1200: Are popular android-launchers like NOVA, APEX and other launchers available on the google play store compatible with the installed android-version on the player?
(2013-08-21, 19:17)testie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, "Bergl" for the pictures.Big Grin
But I expected a better looking metro design than this one, so it´s disappointing for me. SadNo

My question for customizing the GUI of atv1200: Are popular android-launchers like NOVA, APEX and other launchers available on the google play store compatible with the installed android-version on the player?
I think so too. Therefore running Go_launcher_Ex on my.- it is possible to use launcher from playstore... Smile

landsmännische Grüße
Bergi Wink
(2013-08-21, 16:12)testie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm going to put a box back to that firmware again to test something soon so I'll upload then unless someone beats me to it.

I've now seen the same issue on 4 different boxes at update_MX_20130506 and update_spi_MX_20130510 levels with the ethernet patch applied. Picture pauses for a split second (audio continues) and when the picture skips to catch up to the audio, green and purple crap appears on the picture. Very obvious on one box, less so on the other. Two friends report the same.
But at update_spi_mx_20130805 I was getting continued issues with the audio being slightly out of sync. Going back to firmware but going to try and older version of xbmc. To see if that resolves issue. Should have thought about that before I downgraded.
I'm getting really bad WiFi speeds on this box for some reason. I have 50MB WiFi, and it's showing 4 bars of WiFi, but I Speed Test shows I'm only getting 0.5MB. I am using a WiFi repeater to boost my shitty Virgin HomeHub signal. Could that be causing the problem?
Which repeater you are using? Hopefully not an 802.11g-54MBit-Repeater...
(2013-08-21, 19:46)Bergl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-21, 19:17)testie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, "Bergl" for the pictures.Big Grin

I think so too. Therefore running Go_launcher_Ex on my.- it is possible to use launcher from playstore... Smile

landsmännische Grüße
Bergi Wink

I use apex...always have as can backup the customizations I make plus all the app placements..so its a breeze to bring it back..runs like a chap on these boxs
(2013-08-19, 21:50)border304 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-19, 18:32)pozmu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I bought this box following advices on another forum and I have some issues with it, for example it doesn't play AVI XVID files smooth - eg file below is bit choppy, like it's dropping frames - fight scene is the worst, when that guy gets punched in the face:

http://tinyurl.com/kzl732y

How is it working for you? And I get this choppiness in built in player and mx player as well :/ and it's not only this file, I checked few files and most of them had same issue :/
MVK with much higher bitrate seems ok.. Any ideas?

I've played tonnes of tv shows which are old divx and xvid avi files and they all play fine.

Yeah but this is 720p