Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the default player switches the screen resolution for real 1080p, geniatech can make that third-party players the same switch?
Here is their latest reply. I asked about Google leanback not working with the Youtube app and also about Netflix not giving me an HD option. I still don't think they understood quite what I meant on those two points.

Quote:Below is our latest firmware ATV1200, we tested netflix and youtube can work well.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_spi_mx_20130805.zip SPI
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip Firmware

If you need real 1080P output firmware, you can try this firmware, need update above SPI first.

www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130805_1080p.zip

Download and don't unzip above files, copy to SD card or USB disk, connect to box and run upgrade app, select local update, if no files found, press menu button on remote control for 8 times continued, it will research all files.
(2013-09-26, 01:04)damole Wrote: [ -> ]Here is their latest reply. I asked about Google leanback not working with the Youtube app and also about Netflix not giving me an HD option. I still don't think they understood quite what I meant on those two points.

Quote:Below is our latest firmware ATV1200, we tested netflix and youtube can work well.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_spi_mx_20130805.zip SPI
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip Firmware

If you need real 1080P output firmware, you can try this firmware, need update above SPI first.

www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/update_stvmx_20130805_1080p.zip

Download and don't unzip above files, copy to SD card or USB disk, connect to box and run upgrade app, select local update, if no files found, press menu button on remote control for 8 times continued, it will research all files.

Does anyone have a mirror or can you upload this firmware somewhere? Seems the Geniatech link is broken right now. Thanks.
(2013-09-27, 21:36)avirex Wrote: [ -> ][...]
Does anyone have a mirror or can you upload this firmware somewhere? Seems the Geniatech link is broken right now. Thanks.

There is no broken link. Just wait for a moment, and the download starts...
(2013-09-28, 01:36)Bergl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-27, 21:36)avirex Wrote: [ -> ][...]

There is no broken link. Just wait for a moment, and the download starts...

So xbmc can't smoothly play back 1080p with this firmware. The built-in player as always at height! Other bugs. Roll back on the firmware from 08.2013.
I am thinking of buying a MyGica ATV1200

I have a Boxee Box and I do not want to make the same mistake as I done with that one buy buying it before checking what apps works first. The only really good app is the Navi-X

I have asked MyGica some questions

The ATV1200 is an Android system only and the Android XBMC is added by default. I would like to know does the add on's via the "Hub Wizard" work, not only work but how smooth do they run. You have been contacting the wrong people for fixing your Android XBMC

Since this box is an Android system then MyGica does not have any antivirus and you would have to look via Google Play Store or other.

If there are anyone in the UK who has the MyGica ATV1200, I would like to know if the following from Google Play Store works and how smooth via the telephone/broadband and NOT the Fiber Optic one. BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and TVCatchup

There is an alternative to the supplied IR Remote and it is called "MyGica KR100 Air Mouse with Keyboard 2.4G" There might be others available

PS
I understand that there is an alternative to Navi-X in XBMC and would like to know what it is called for future reference. Also the XBMC download at MyGica will be for their XBMC Boxes
You may want to consider an open software implementation. The problem with MyGica is that the source is not shared back (as I understand it). So you wait for fixes... and wait.
I still (!) use one ATV1200 with fw 20130805, purely for XBMC, ethernet connected, because it is such a nice, small box with a small energy footprint. It runs 60 minute SD shows very smoothly now (with nfs) but halts at 40-45 minutes into HD (1080p) shows and 1.7 hours into SD movies (played via ethernet).
Positive is that Android boots quickly. But when I have a halt in XBMC, sometimes I cannot "Exit" it and have to stop with a "red button." That loses me the Settings (which means my Life TV and other add-ons info). Yes, there are "workarounds."
Positive is that Channel 1 and HTS live TV work (I did not check the add-ons you mentioned). Just "install from zip" in XBMC.
Positive is that you can install apks (even when they're not in the playstore).

But with all the testing, restarting, halting videos, you may be better off with openelec.tv on a raspberry pi (open source, active forum to fix issues), and for a little bit more an Atom with ION that plays all HD (but not HD Audio) without breaking a sweat. You can have an adequate Atom-ION machine off ebay for about 100 USD (or more if you want one *now*). Booting openelec on a Atom 330 takes about 30 seconds.
4OD does not work its the same on all platforms also all other plugins work great for xbmc. Google play store there are so many apps to choose from it would be impossible to say what works and what doesnt. Broadband I am on 10meg in and 800k out and can stream 1080p movies no problem. I only use the supplied remote nice and simple.
This is in response to both reply's from robvh & coley65

I had asked MyGica a question about ATV1200 and below is the question

I read up on other makes of Smart Android boxes which supports XBMC and with
those ones you can either have the Android System or XBMC but not both. So I
would like to know if the ATV1200 will allow for both.

MyGica's answer is

Judy: ATV1200 only has one system, that is android, but it
installed android XBMC app by default.

About two system, that is our M3 box, such as ATV310B, ATV510B, it is single core, and XBMC system is a
linux XBMC, not android.

This means Android installed the XBMC and not MyGica, which will probably also means that they will not fix XBMC. As the faults that I have read all seem to be inside XBMC then would it not be best to contact them or Android. Or have you ever thought of asking MyGica who they believe would be responsible to fixing the faults on the ATV1200's Android XBMC. Have sent email to MyGica about who they believe should fix the XBMC faults and also asked about if they have an English written Forum.

The BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4ODand TVCatchup are in the Google Play Store and I would like to know if these work. Go to "APPS" then choose "Entertainment", then please test them to see if they work on the ATV1200
(2013-09-29, 09:56)coley65 Wrote: [ -> ]Broadband I am on 10meg in and 800k out and can stream 1080p movies no problem. I only use the supplied remote nice and simple.

Maybe my problem is that I'm viewing files from my local server (recorded with a DVB-S2 card and tvheadend). The server is on a Gb switch and serves the recordings via an nfs drive, so data arrives quicker than with an internet streaming service. Now that you mention it, I once watched a movie in SD via 1channel, and it completed without hang-ups.

> This means Android installed the XBMC and not MyGica, which will probably also means that they will not fix XBMC.

As far as I read, Android had to be tailored to the ATV hardware by Mygica and to make XBMC work with the graphics accelerator, a special version was built (according to previous posts). That's the closed software environment I mentioned before. Lastly, the symptoms of the video hang I encounter survive when I stop and restart XBMC (without booting), after a restart the graphics remain grey, suggests that it is not (just) XBMC at fault. The same recordings play brilliantly on a Linux version of XBMC (and even under Windows XP).

I may be totally wrong since this is the only forum that has educated me about the ATV1200, but these are my symptoms and observations.
robvh this "video hang & after a restart the graphics remain grey" have you contacted XBMC first, to see if they can fix it. The Android version of XBMC should be the same as the Linux version or at least their boasts say it is.
The "standard" XBMC does not support hardware video decoding in the ATV, so if you were to install the Frodo from download.android.org you will use ARM cycles to interpret the video. That works for SD. If you read the forum you will see that HD video requires the Pivos or Geniatech version of XBMC. This specially modified XBMC is necessary to access the graphics acceleration. (If you want, you can try to install http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android...bi-v7a.apk and run a 1080p video. I tried back in April with 12.0).
Does anyone have a HiMedia Q5-II Dual Core Blue Ray 3D Dual Launcher Android HD 1080P WiFi Media Player TV Box as I would like to know if the XBMC works with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/HiMedia-Q5-II-Laun...uctDetails
Can anyone tell me how to configure buttons on my remote that came with my atv1200.
its the chinese version and i upgraded the firmware to english and now the buttons on the remote are all over the place