Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How easy is it to update XBMC to the stable PIVOS one without losing add ons or settings?
Easy enough.

1) Backup your XBMC settings, use the XBMC backup program add on.
2) Uninstall XBMC.
3) Install the pivios XBMC

The backup settings should automatically restore, but only if the old and new version numbers match. ie v12.2 to V12.2. You can not restore from V12.1 to V12.2.

Neil
Here's a strange one. Looked though the forum and couldn't find this issue.

I'm on latest MyGica build and latest Frodo XBMC 12.2 build and had everything working well using SMB shares to my windows 7 PC where my media is shared. After a month or so, all my shares seemed to disappear and any media i click on states it's no longer available and do i want to remove it from the library. This is the second time it's happened and last time i fixed it by uninstalling XBMC, etc and starting from scratch. I would prefer not to do this every time so any hints would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Have you tried a full reboot of the box, by unplugging the power cord?

I have this issue occasionally, the network card loses its connection, also turning off the Ethernet in settings and then back on seems to help.

Its also worth installing the XBMC backup utility and scheduling it to run.

Neil
Yes, i've tried both of these and no changes. Also tried using wireless instead of ethernet and it's not that. Someone else has suggested i make my Windows PC with the shares on it a fixed IP so i'm going to try that.

Thanks
Steve
I'm using the latest nightly, October 5. Since the June-versions already, I have a little problem: every about 3 to 5 days all XBMC settings revert to the default settings. Any idea why and how to prevent that?
Quote: I have a little problem: every about 3 to 5 days all XBMC settings revert to the default settings
Same issue with XBMC enbedded in latest MyGica Firmware update, an imp who think MyGica version based on Pivos one Angel

Quote:Any idea why and how to prevent that?
No real idea, only work around: Save guisettings.xml and copy back if default settings back again by magic ?!
(2013-09-05, 22:51)DroidNewbie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone
I have the ATV1200 with 0805 f/w. My video content is on a NAS drive and i access via smb. If i use the MyGica XBMC or Pivos Xios XBMC, it only plays AVI movies and not mkv or rmvb.
The only version that plays all media types (avi, rmvb, mkv) is the xbmc.org frodo 12.2.

Could you let me know:
1) Which f/w & xbmc combination works best (plays avi, rmvb, mkv, mp4 etc) and incorporates hardware decoding?

thanks.

I have the same problem Sad have anyone solution ? thx
Folks, just to give some update...

I received my ATV1200 this week and I bought it from Aliexpress, from the oficial Mygica store. I did some initial (smoke test) with mine and really happy with it. Mine already came with the latest firmware (Android 4.1.2) and XBMC Frodo 12.2 installed (not sure if it's the Pivos or Geniatech one, but I can check later).

I hook it to my LAN through ethernet cable and mapped some NFS mounts from my NAS (Synology DS411j). It scanned the content pretty quick (I heard people saying it was taking ages to scrap the movies). I connected it to an LG 32 LCD TV through HDMI (so not testing passthrough, but I have an Onkyo TXNR-609 Receiver and I can test there too).

I could flawlessly play various MKVs I have off of my NAS (through NFS). These MKVs have DTS/AC3 5.1 audio and I didn't have issues with downmixing to the TV stereo speakers at all. I also played some AVIs (Divx / mp3) and all fine there too.

I installed SuperSU and SSHDroid, but didn't have time to play yet.

The next steps are to change my XBMC preferences to connect to my unified MySQL XBMC library I have in my Synology NAS, and which my main XBMC client (the one connected to the Onkyo receiver) is using. That way I'll have an unified XBMC experience in these 2 clients.

So to reinforce: I didn't touch the firmware nor XBMC. I believe mine was shipped with the latest stuff.

I'll keep you guys posted as I move on with my testing here!
Yes..report back how you go as my setup is just about the same as yours. With a Synology on 4.2 and a shared MySQL XBMC library. I have a HTPC in the main room and this box in the bedroom.
I swing between the Synology apps and XBMC for running media as the Synology Android apps are also great..
(2013-11-12, 17:48)Reddwarfposse5 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a strange one. Looked though the forum and couldn't find this issue.

I'm on latest MyGica build and latest Frodo XBMC 12.2 build and had everything working well using SMB shares to my windows 7 PC where my media is shared. After a month or so, all my shares seemed to disappear and any media i click on states it's no longer available and do i want to remove it from the library. This is the second time it's happened and last time i fixed it by uninstalling XBMC, etc and starting from scratch. I would prefer not to do this every time so any hints would be gratefully received.

Thanks

The issue might be the SMB share and nothing to do with the android box. Can you see the shares from elsewhere on the network? I had an issue like that and I fixed it by making a registry change to one of the share PCs on the network (the one almost always on). It made that PC the share master or some such. Try Googling around SMB and a registry value that forces the same PC to be the master and control the share. And the issue was manifest from XBMC on a HTPC, not just the ATV1200. Never had any issues since doing that.
i got the same trouble. stuck at angry bird update. any help please?
(2013-11-15, 21:10)Basinus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I have a little problem: every about 3 to 5 days all XBMC settings revert to the default settings
Same issue with XBMC enbedded in latest MyGica Firmware update, an imp who think MyGica version based on Pivos one Angel

Quote:Any idea why and how to prevent that?
No real idea, only work around: Save guisettings.xml and copy back if default settings back again by magic ?!

I found this solution :

I know a few out there have been affected… did some research on the XBMC wiki and I have a solution.Get your skin set-up exactly how you want it, then within XBMC go to Programs/ES File Explorer (or whatever you use) to go here:Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Make a copy of guisettings.xml and rename it to advancedsettings.xmlOpen advancedsettings in an XML editor, you need to change only the first and last lines.change line 1 from <settings> to <advancedsettings>change the last line from </settings> to </advancedsettings>Save the file and put it back in the userdata folder, remove the power, wait 15s and plug it back in again.Anything in advancedsettings will override guisettings (this is the file that gets reset when settings are lost) and XBMC cannot write to advancedsettings.Warning! This will lock in ALL your XBMC settings, I recommend you edit it to just put lookandfeel and skin settings as these are the ones that keep getting reset.Hurrah! Buy me beer! from XBMC documentation: 2 How to include GUI settings You can also define the settings normally defined in the GUI in advancedsettings.xml. Any GUI based settings defined in advancedsettings.xml will override the GUI values, and the settings will be removed completely from the GUI (ie only alterable by editing advancedsettings.xml). The easiest way to include a GUI setting is to first make sure it is set in the GUI to the value that you want, and then to open the UserData\guisettings.xml file and find the XML entry that corresponds to that setting. Then just add that entry to the advancedsettings.xml file. For instance, to set the Font Character Set for the GUI (found in the appearance setting, in the Look and Feel section), you'd open up guisettings.xml and find: Hebrew (Windows) Simply take that entry and place it in advancedsettings.xml. The GUI entry for the character set will then no longer appear, and XBMC will always use the Hebrew (Windows) character set.

https://springpad.com/#!/hasamba/explore...mcsettings
My mygica a6 running xbmc 12.2
Watch contain 1080p dts-hd MA movie
But cannot decode DTS-HD
I do not know What's the problem?help me,thx
(2013-12-02, 05:18)shamushuang Wrote: [ -> ]My mygica a6 running xbmc 12.2
Watch contain 1080p dts-hd MA movie
But cannot decode DTS-HD
I do not know What's the problem?help me,thx

Whats the problem with the DTS-HD audio? Is it not playing?

You need to make sure you have the audio options set to DTS-HD in the system menu and also the audio output set to HDMI when the video is playing.

I have been working on the problem of XBMC losing its settings, it seems if you unplug the power cable XBMC will lose it's settings 9 times out of 10, along with the time on the ATV1200. I have to reboot it to get the NTP time working again.

Neil