Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, just bought one of these devices and eager to start playing around with it until it is perfect.

Also bought the Mele F10 Pro mouse/keyboard for it. I seem to keep bumping into key maps for the non Pro version, does anyone have a link to the key map for the Pro version to use within xbmc?

Thanks.
Found out how to connect the smb shares on first boot [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] just edit hosts file with the adress of ur nas
Mx linux test builds for atv520/atv1200 by croniccorey posted :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029
For all keys working on ir from atv1200 take this remote.conf https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3po4acd0c24tjj/remote.conf
I thought I would add my experiences with gotham testing.

I have been running the gotham nightly on android now for a while, and it runs really well. Far better than the pivios builds, including their nightly.

I have tested the January 15 and 16 builds, I can not find anything that is not working, mkv 720p and 1080p both play with no skips, jumps or any other issues. Audio passthough on the coax is working fine, both DD and DTS. XBMC now exits correctly 99% of the time. The menu is quicker and the thumb nails work much better, showing the correct background picture quickly.

The only drawback is that scrolling though a large media library is a little slower due to the thumbnail changes.

Neil
@no8080
mkv 720p and 1080p both play with no skips, jumps or any other issues

Did you play the files locally or via SMB. I still have the buffering trouble with SMB which I have included under XBMC.
Network files that I open with the ES explorer and play them with XBMC running without problems.
can someone help me, my atv1200 is showing a red light and the hdmi is not being detected by my tv.
Used all the recovery method as mentioned in the previous posts still the same problem
(2014-01-20, 12:43)samot13 Wrote: [ -> ]@no8080

Did you play the files locally or via SMB. I still have the buffering trouble with SMB which I have included under XBMC.
Network files that I open with the ES explorer and play them with XBMC running without problems.

Are we talking about android xbmc or xbmc os? Important ;-) Cheers
I have the SMB buffering trouble with the android XBMC (12.2 and 13)
(2014-01-21, 01:16)djkacc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-20, 12:43)samot13 Wrote: [ -> ]@no8080

Are we talking about android xbmc or xbmc os? Important ;-) Cheers

I am running Gotham on the latest geniatech android firmware, using SMB in XBMC via the wired NIC, not set up as a SMB share in Android..

So far it has solved all of the 12.x stuttering issues.

The only issue I have is that Android will not go to sleep when I press the power button on the remote even after I have exited XBMC successfully.

Neil
I have just updated to nightly 21/01/14 on my android box, the slight slowness with large media libraries is improved.

So far there is no issues, a 720p mkv with 5.1 DTS is playing smoothly, again over an XBMC SMB share.

Neil
@no8080
how big is you mkv file for me it works also with 720p mkv file less than 6Gb for about 2h movie.
I have updated to build 21/01/14 and is solves the shutdown issue I was having.

I have tried a few mkv files, but I don't think I have exceeded the 6GB file size yet. I will test this tomorrow, I have a 23Gb 1080p movie that is 3.5 hours long.

Neil
I've been running a Nightly build from around 16/1/14 and when I play a 1080p file XBMC will randomly close after 8-10 minutes, otherwise it's perfect (and very annoying), am I alone here?

Is it a plugin? I often get a popup about common cache failing
(2014-01-22, 16:56)samot13 Wrote: [ -> ]@no8080
how big is you mkv file for me it works also with 720p mkv file less than 6Gb for about 2h movie.

I have just finished watching a 12GB 1080p mkv file with DTS-HD audio, it has played with no issues at all.

Neil