Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pink/Cyan Hue on Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am using an Acer Revo RL70, AMD E-Series Processor E-450, ATI Radeon™ HD 6300 with XBMCbuntu on a Sony Bravia LCD TV via HDMI.

Occasionally when I am using XBMC the screen will be fine and then suddenly the colours will go funky and they will have a pink or cyan hue. It usually fixes itself within a few seconds, but the times it doesn't changing source (say from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and back) fixes the problem.

I have tried two different HDMI cables with it and I still have the problem. I have also played the PS3 using the cables and I never get the problem with this.

I have tried searching the site and the net and I can't find any answers. Can anyone shed some light on the issue and suggest a fix? The constant need to change video source is quite annoying. Tongue

EDIT: Got this fixed.

I had the resolution lower than 1920x1080 (around 1500x100 or something) which meant I couldn't set the refresh rate to 60Hz. This was due to overscan on the screen. Removed the overscan on 1920x1080 and set the refresh rate to 60.

In addition, I changed the colour settings. It was on YPbPr 4:4:4 (or something similar). I changed this to RGB 4:4:4 Full RGB (Standard) (or something to that effect).

A combination of these settings fixed my problem.