Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confluence backgrounds missing after upgrading from Eden to RC2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

been running Eden for quiete a while now and decided yesterday to give Frodo RC2 a try. So I went ahead and checked out the current trunk and compiled it myself. I didn't want to redo all my settings again so I simply installed RC2 over the current Eden setup with "make install" after compiling. Same way I installed Eden before on Ubuntu 12.04.1.
Everything seems to work fine, only thing that is missing and annoying, the default Confluence Skin does only show a kinda default background image on the different screens (Home, Music, Video etc.).
The background images are there though in the filesystem in the appropriate "backgrounds" directory. When I switch to e.g. Confluence-vertical, backgrounds are there as expected. Only the default skin seems to be somehow broken for me.
Can anybody help here? Or should I simply reinstall RC2 in a clean way and setup from scratch?

Thanks,

boba
@boba23:
If this image looks a bit blueish, it is the default. Cause of other underpowered hardware, xbmc is made for, it was decided to leave the wallpapers out.

As I also don't like the "one blue" image, i packaged the old confluence skin for frodo: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55728161/skin.c...ce.old.zip You can install it as "Install AddOn from zip".
Hey fritsch,

thanks for you answer, yea indeed it seems to be the default blueish background with some kinda bubbles. Didn't know that this is intended to be that way. From a optical point of view, this looks really cheap in my eyes. I hope that this gets in to final as optional, since I highly doubt that the masses will use underpowered hardware that can't handle the backgrounds ...
Will install your skin, thanks again ....

boba
@boba23:
There are different user likes, needs and so on. The "blueish bubble" helps, that xbmc looks the same on all hardware, corporate identity or call it like you want. As some users including me don't like it that much, we have the easy opportunity to customize and skin in every way we want.
I get your point fritsch, thing is .... since that "old" confluence is not officially available in the repos, users like me depend on guys like you with the time and skill to adjust the skin if anything changes in xbmc for example, that requires skin mods as well ...

Btw, your skin works perfectly fine, thx again ;-)

boba
Hey Fritsch,

Thanks a lot for the Confluence Mod. It is not a huge difference but I have to say.... I am using Raspberry Pi and love
XBMC (Xbian) on it. But, the fact that the Confluence version is missing the really nice pics and transitions was a large
issue for me. Though the other is attractive... with the images in place it is really spectacular. RPI has NO trouble with
your more elegant version of Confluence. I hope this gets in the ears of the dev folk so we can fork this. If someone has
really limited hardware the blue Bubbles are great. But if even RPI can handle with ease the images than we need a fork.

Thanks again. Everyone is impressed when they see it!

from
steveZ
Problem solved: Confluence Modified.