Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mythweb on OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this doesn't belong here, but I'm running out of options. I figure someone here had ran into this. I posted this on the Mythtalk forum and Reddit, I get no replies. I'm using xbmc PVR as a mythtv front end so it would be great to get mythweb working.

I'm trying to install Mythweb on OS X. I have followed all the directions, but I need help applying the patch. I have successfully set up 0.25 BE on my Mac.

I tried installing and applying the patch manually, and that didn't work. Then I tried to install Mythweb via Mac Ports, but that didn't work either.

I followed these instructions: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythWeb_on_Mac_OS_X_Backend

I don't understand how to apply this class_autoload patch: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachme...autoload.patch

I've tried searching for this, but I don't see any files called class_autoload. I'm guessing I have to change this in Xcode or something? Any help please?
Nobody knows how to do this? I know this is off topic, but if I could just get pointed in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
I'm running into the same problem. I tried applying the patch by modifying the class_autoload.php file by adding the + lines (and removing the "+") and deleting the - lines. However, that didn't work. I'm left with the same error. The ticket indicates it works with 10.7. I'm on 10.8.2.

Hoping for some guidance too.
I posted a fix over at the mythtv forum
See if this helps you

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/mythweb-0-25-m...elp-16038/
I'm still getting this error:

Code:
Fatal error: Class 'MythBase' not found in /Library/WebServer/Documents/MythWeb/classes/Translate.php on line 16

Is there anywhere where I can pull up logs to see what's causing it?
Actually, it's clear there. It's pointing to the /Documents folder inside /Webserver.

What do I have to do to get it to pull from the correct folder?
Does init.php have a line for mythbase you can comment out?
No it doesn't. Any other suggestions?

Is it possible to try to install via MacPorts even though my backend wasn't installed using Ports?
I tried and it didn't work for me. Mac Ports installs everything in its own directory. So even though you have mysql installed and configured for your backend macports will download its own along with apache,etc...

I actually repurposed my Mac mini as an Openelec box and am now running mythbuntu off a spare laptop so forgive me, but I'm going off of memory. Sadly it works so much better. Getting this to work on the Mac just wasn't worth the hassle once you've used Mythbuntu. Easy as pie.

It would work if you undid what you've done and installed the backend and mythweb via Mac Ports. If you are only running mythbackend off this Mac you can dual boot Mythbuntu and just be done with it. I've done the latter too and can help out with any questions.
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, what happened was I had a 2007 iMac that a failing logic board running as my backend. The logic board problems have gotten worse to the point where it won't boot for longer than a few seconds before failing.

I've transferred the backend to my 2012 iMac which I use as my primary workstation. The dualboot would be a good solution otherwise. I need it as an always-on solution while still having access to OS X.

I'm running XBMC off a OpenElec Raspberry Pi as the front end. The only problem is the limited timer function. I'd like to get MythWeb going so I have more control over the EPG and setting up timers (I'm hoping to get rid of my satellite subscription and go exclusively off my OTA HD antenna setup -- but it has to be simple and friendly enough for my wife).

I may try to switch the backend to MacPorts with hopes that I won't run into the same problem with MythWeb.