Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HD Sound with Kubuntu 12.10 and Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, the first thing i want to tell you, i am from germany so sorry for the bad english,

I`ve been using XBMC for quit a while on my HT-PC. With the new Release (Frodo) comes HD Sound Support.
I was really looking forward for that feature because i have some MKV's with DTS-Master HD Sound in my library.

But HD sound support doesn't work for me. My AV-Receiver is correctly recognized by XBMC beeing HD Surround capable.
When i try to playback an Video with HD Sound, there is no Sound and the Video stutters. If i turn HD Sound off in the settingsdialog
everything works fine because XBMC is only playing the DTS Core (DTS 5.1) wich works absolutely flawless.

Pulseaudio is activatet as the playbackdevice (for both regular and passtrough) because since the update to frodo there are no other
sounddevices selectable in the settings.

Soundoutput works fine with no HD Sounds (Stereo,LPCM,DTS 5.1/Dolby Surround (over HDMI Passthrough) ).

Here are some Systeminformations:

Soundhardware: Intel Onboard HD4000 Soundchip (HD 8 Channel), connected to AV-Receiver via HDMI.

OS: Kubuntu 12.10 (Fully upgraded via X Edgers PPA to Kernel 3.7.3)

I know that Linux is a hard topic but hopefully somebody out there can help me out.

Thank's in advance.

Ripper 81