Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HTPC Media Center Touch Screen Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be nice to have the Media Center Touch screen display support for XBMC. There are several types of HTPC cases that have the 7inch touch screen on the front.
I guess to further explain my thoughts for this support. I was thinking they could be used as your control buttons for your media center as your play controls. It could also be a display for your next in que for movies, weather display. A way to navigate through your movie list to select one to play. Maybe even have the built in keyboard XBMC already has displayed there as a touch pad keyboard for when you are doing various administrative functions.
Some of those do work with XBMC. It depends on the touch screen and how it works. Do you have any specific examples we could look at?
This is example of a case I was talking about:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811280005
Ah, one of the iMon LCD screens. That should work with XBMC. I hear the normal iMon software leaves much to be desired, but there are even 3rd party software/drivers/whatever that should work with it. I would search the forums for "iMon color LCD" and read up on what some people have come across.
can someone post a link here to a good Imon touch screen interface for a media center case. I have not been able to find one. It would be greatly appreciated.
the iMon software is garbage, i have been using an Antec Micro Fusion with the iMon vfd digital display for years. the software bundled with it and used to control it is junk, there is SUPPOSED to be support for XBMC but all it does is say that XBMC is running, doesnt show any media info. At this point all i use it for is to display case temps and cpu/mem stats. I have done alot of searching, none recently, for a 3rd party controller for the display but have yet to find anything at all. gave up on it. there are plenty of other branded displays out there that have a ton of support, just not the iMon ones from what ive seen. and not worth spending $500 on a case so that you can tear out the iMon display and spend another 100-200 on something that will work to replace it with. of course if you called monuel and ordered without the display the cost may be alot less. other option is a custom built case. personally i love the monuel cases, looking to replace my antec with the MonCaso 320S, and replacing the display with the much cheaper nMediaPC display, of course it is digital and not a screen, and only come in green readout, which i hate.. which is why i ahvent changed.. lol

edit:
just found the nMediaPC vfd.. may happen sooner than i thought.. touch screen controls on an XBMC media center is overkill.. especially when you can use your phone from anywhere in the house to control every aspect of XBMC on multiple clients. how often are you going to get up off the couch just to touch the touch-panel?