Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotac-AD10 - ATI Radeon HD 6310 -- Movies not running smooth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hardware: Zotac AD10 with an ATI Radeon HD6310 (RAM: 2gb)
OS: Linux OpenSuse 12.1 "Asparagus" (Windows manager LXDE)
Driver installed: ATI 12.10 (amd-driver-installer-catalyst-12.10-x86.x86_64)
XBMC Version: XBMC11.0 (Compiled: Dec 17 2012)

Issue
I can't get the video to run smooth
I have tried enabling/disabling the v-sync trough the drivers(OS) &/or xbmc, changing render method, and all the options related with the video card and nothing seems to work.
HD movies jumps or miss frames
Any ideas?
Any help!?
Please
Thanks!
Hitting the 'o' key during playback produces good debug info.

Posting your xbmc logs here helps.

Are you sure the fglrx driver is running? /var/log/Xorg.0.log helps ascertain this.
Mainline Xbmc does not properly support hardware acceleration on AMD(Xvba).

see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=116996
if you want to stay on suse, you'd probably have to compile from source.
Have you checked "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" under System -> Video. That and you should try the custom builds wsnipex pointed out for proper hardware acceleration.
So, My only option is compile from source?
That means that I need to uninstall OpenSuse, Correct? (that is sad, the installation and setup was quite easy...)
From my understanding XBMCubuntu does not support HD audio. Is that also true for XBMCbuntu 12 RC3?

Thanks again
no, you can stay with suse, but then you must either compile xbmc yourself or find a rpm of this version.

edit about HD audio: AMDs driver (fglrx) does not support it, does not matter on which linux distribution.
Understood
One last question
Why HD audio is working fine in my system?. Is it because the device is configure to pass through in xbmc?

It may seem like it's working but what is actually going on is the core track is passthroughed to your amplifier (AFAIK).
(2013-01-06, 22:51)negge Wrote: [ -> ]It may seem like it's working but what is actually going on is the core track is passthroughed to your amplifier (AFAIK).

either that or it is transcoded to AC3
Do you know if this issue is solved or fixed on version 12.0
I'm very confuse about this?
Not sure if the hardware sucks or is just me who don't understand how to make this Zotac work
(2013-01-06, 10:53)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]edit about HD audio: AMDs driver (fglrx) does not support it, does not matter on which linux distribution.
Thanks wsnipex for the quick response
What about HD video?
Is the 6310 supported on XBMC 12?
On version 11, my video card was not succesfully running 720 and 1080 videos. (was like missing frames and not running smooth)

Thanks again
Marcelo
(2013-03-15, 16:57)qsummon Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks wsnipex for the quick response
What about HD video?
Is the 6310 supported on XBMC 12?
On version 11, my video card was not succesfully running 720 and 1080 videos. (was like missing frames and not running smooth)

Thanks again
Marcelo

I already answered that: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1285528
You need the Xvba branch