Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Mac] syncing libraries - MySQL database not created on NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I'm trying to sync my XBMC library on my Macbook Pro laptop with the library on my ATV2, by running a MySQL server on my Synology DS112 NAS. I've gone through all the steps described here: http://quixventure.com/2011/12/configure...-for-xbmc/
Somehow SQL will not create any database on my SQL server (on NAS).

Do I still have to go through step 2 of the following page?

More precisely this ?
My sources are all in shared NAS folders, which means they're not local, I guess.

Platform:
xbmc 11.0 git: 20120331-ebfd899 apr 1 2012 on ATV2, running Apple TV software 5.0.2 (4250)
xbmc 11.0 git: 20120321-14feb09 mar 22 2012 on Macbook Pro laptop

Install method:
see above
I installed phpMyadmin on my Synology NAS (and enabled Webstation and MySQL) properly, I assume.

xmbc log file: here

Many thanks in advance...
Levi

maybe this:

19:26:12 T:2888968744 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

Check it again
(2013-01-04, 20:44)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]maybe this:

19:26:12 T:2888968744 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

Check it again

Thanks, will check that.

edit: In advancedsettings.xml I have this:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>***.***.*.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>**.***.*.***</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
<to>smb://**.***.*.***XBMC/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://**.***.*.***/XBMC/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>

</pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>

If you are using TextEdit to make the advancedsettings.xml file, make sure that text edit is saving it as a plain text file and not a rich text file.
(2013-01-05, 04:49)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using TextEdit to make the advancedsettings.xml file, make sure that text edit is saving it as a plain text file and not a rich text file.

In 'texteditor' I can only choose from:

- RTF-document
- RTF- text document with attachments
- Web page (html)
- Web archive
- odt
- Word 2007 docment (docx)
- Word 2003 document (xml)
- Word 97 document (doc)

I've chosen xml.

You've chosen wrong. Open it in Finder's quicklook and you'll see that it's full of crap now.

Open the file, choose format > make plain text and save, then rename the ending from .txt .to .xml.
(2013-01-05, 14:02)toiva Wrote: [ -> ]You've chosen wrong. Open it in Finder's quicklook and you'll see that it's full of crap now.

Open the file, choose format > make plain text and save, then rename the ending from .txt .to .xml.
I had already noticed there was a lot of crap when accessing via quicklook! But it didn't cross my mind this had anything to do with it; the contents were ok when I opened the file in texteditor. I couldn't think of any other way to create an xml file in mac osX environment, actually. Thanks for pointing out how to do this properly.

I'll try again. Fingers crossed...

I give up. This is simply not working in my case. I followed the instructions on how to sync the libraries and thumbnails. On my ATV, I can only see files under Video (not 'movies' next to it), I have to scan everything again on the ATV in order to see that, and nothing is in sync.
I've spent two night and three days trying to get it to work. I can't see what I'm doing wrong, but perhaps you guys can help me out...

I'll post my source and advancedsettings files, and an XBMC log file for the client I'm running on the ATV.

What I did is this: I set my sources both on ATV and laptop, I added the advancedsettings file, imported my old library on laptop (with paths to network shares). ATV is not in sync with laptop.

advanced settings file

sources file

log for ATV2
It seems my advancedsettingsfile is not loading properly there.

*bump* anyone?
(2013-01-07, 02:17)toiva Wrote: [ -> ]Try http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=IOS...r_settings
I'll give it a try now!