Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crashes OSX Frodo.rc3 ArkMC Aeon Nox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have been getting extensive crashes with the latest builds of Frodo including rc3 in OSX.

Some info:
Early Macbookpro duo core
Snow Leopard 32 bit
external FW glyph portagig (mp3 collection, have to rescan this every other boot wtf): NTFS
external USB drive (movies): NTFS
ethernet to wireless router (no internet)
XBMC frodo rc3 32bit
Skin: Aeon Nox
Prefs: All upnp and html servers enabled except zero conf.
visualization: Milkdrop/projectM

Remotes:
white mbp remote
Xbmc official: only remote works, nothing else including Briden's fork
ArkMC: This works for the most part but hard to tell since xbmc crashes alot.

I am seeing a lot of crashes. ON boot in OSX I get a pop up about some random .py that is missing. Then, that Aeon Nox is marked broken in the repo. Huh With Eden crashes were repeatable when I would switch from playing music to anything else...crash.
With Frodos, crashes will happen at seemingly random intervals just doing something simple like playing music. Crashes are much worse since trying to use the android remotes. I think enabling the servers has increased the instability dramatically. Also, the music database seems to just disappear every other boot of xbmc. I have to rescan frequently a music collection of more than 5000 mp3. Why is the music db so volatile? Nothing is changing...

I have also done some testing with RC2 in windows XP, trying to get the remotes to work, and also get crashes there.

Honestly, for consuming digital media being relaxing downtime sort of chill back mode, this xbmc software turns the experience into geek tech I should be getting paid mode. Its like installing from source in linux. Not fun. The remotes don't seem to work consistently at all.

Sorry for the griping, just gets annoying to keep screwing with this stuff. Just want it to work...select from the android remote ArkMC...play music...streaming" Yeah right.