Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with BluRay ISO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System Details:
XBMC 12.0-RC2
Windows 8 64bit, currently Enterprise Trial, but soon to be Windows 8 Pro 64bit.
CPU - AMD A8-5600k APU with Radeon HD Graphics.
4GB RAM
Solid State Primary HDD (used for system files only).
External HDD RAID 5 config connected via SATA for media storage.
42 inch plasma screen TV connected via HDMI to the computer.
LG DVD player that runs my 5.1 sound system connected via optical cable.

All of my media is in .ISO format. So I used AnyDVD to copy the .iso's from my BluRays to the External HDD, so I should have lossless formats. This is the way I would like to keep it although I know it seems over kill!

I have five issues that I've not been able to resolve or find posts about, at least none that I understand! Sorry if these have already got threads about them. If this is the case, I would really appreciate a link be posted for me.

1) Sound - Sound effects are very loud while speech is far too quiet when set to 5.1 sound (which is what I have). It's a little better when set to 7.1 sound, but this isn't my speaker setup although my computer does support it.

2) Forced Subtitles - So, very hit and miss. A couple of examples of when forced subtitles do not appear.
Marvels Avengers, Russian not coming through when Natasha is interrogated and when Banner is asked to go to the edge of the city to help the little girls father.
Immortals, at the beginning when they are speaking Greek. Could this be something to do with the way I'm creating the ISOs, didn't think there was much that could go wrong when creating ISOs and there aren't many options.

3) Staggering Picture - Sometimes the picture seems jittery, like the system is under a lot of load, but looking at all the resources, nothing seems to be running at more than 10%. This is quite noticeable in the film "Immortals". I've tried with 5.1 sound and 7.1, both the same.

4) x2 speed usually works fine, x4 and above sometimes moves the movie an unpredictable amount either forward or backwards and often even restarts the movie. Sometimes next chapter ends the movie too!

5) When any of the audio settings (except enabling/disabling subtitles) are changed mid-movie using the in movie menu, the movie jumps forward a number of seconds, although I've not worked out how many.

Thanks for your help in advance
1) what settings do you got your windows setup in your control panel 2.0/5.1/7.1 ?
are you using directsound or wasapi in XBMC ?

3) at which refresh rate do you've your screen on your HTPC ? for blu-ray i get the best result setting it to 23/24 Hz
also which drivers are you using ?
AMD or REALTEK and so which version.
allot of people seem to have issues when they use the realtek drivers,
the 12.10 AMD drivers seems to give the best results

4)i've noticed several issues also when forwarding or rewinding a blu-ray rip(remux folder structure) rewind doesn't work it FF weird,
don't have a blu-ray iso to test it.

Try RC3 as that contains fixes for PGS subtitles so should fix the issue in 2) and as already stated your issue 3) sounds like incorrect audio configuration make sure you're using AMD High Definition Audio drivers and there are no Realtek drivers on your system and set XBMC to use WASAPI, for further help on audio refer to the How To Trouble Shoot Audio sticky at top of forum.
Update:Sorry, I've attached some images, but they don't seem to be displaying unless you right click, select show in new tab and then it's not seemed to work in IE, but does display in Google Chrome. Wasn't sure how else to include images as the forum doesn't seem to let me attach them directly. Let me know if you can't get the images and I'll find another way to post them. Thanks for your help.

(2013-01-06, 12:28)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]1) what settings do you got your windows setup in your control panel 2.0/5.1/7.1 ?
are you using directsound or wasapi in XBMC ?
I'm not sure about the 2.0/5.1/7.1 in Windows, so I've attached a screen shot of what I think is the most informative audio information from Windows.
I've switched XBMC to wasapi.

(2013-01-06, 12:28)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]3) at which refresh rate do you've your screen on your HTPC ? for blu-ray i get the best result setting it to 23/24 Hz
XBMC suggests that it's running at 62.5 fps when looking in the system setup, although this doesn't seem to change when playiong a movie in the background, so I'm thinking maybe this is a maximum or something. I'm not sure where to change the Hz, again I've attached a screen shot with all the windows display settings that I thought would be useful.

(2013-01-06, 13:30)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Try RC3 as that contains fixes for PGS subtitles so should fix the issue in 2) and as already stated your issue 3) sounds like incorrect audio configuration make sure you're using AMD High Definition Audio drivers and there are no Realtek drivers on your system and set XBMC to use WASAPI, for further help on audio refer to the How To Trouble Shoot Audio sticky at top of forum.
I've downloaded and installed XBMC 12 RC3 and rebooted, still not got forced subtitles in the before mentioned movies. Any other ideas?

Also, I don't seem to have the option to install the imdb movie information add-on. Not all my movies are showing up in the library and I'm thinking it's because I'm only using the default movie information thing. I've got all my folders setup correctly with the names as stated in IMDB, which took a while!

(2013-01-06, 12:28)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]3) at which refresh rate do you've your screen on your HTPC ? for blu-ray i get the best result setting it to 23/24 Hz

Also, I've installed the AMD drivers, it was all REALTEK before. I installed this. http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...river.aspx
The forced subs issues should be fixed, unless they didn't make it in time for RC3 build.

If you don't mind further messing around try the newest nightly build from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

This will have all the latest fixes.