Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Playlist Freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Frodo RC3 (but likely early Frodo versions), if a song in a playlist is missing, the playlist hangs. You can manually press 'next', but in Eden a problematic song would simply be skipped. Here are a couple of excerpts of the errors that repeat indefinitely until you press 'next'.
Code:
15:08:49 T:4308 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
15:08:49 T:4308   ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file special://profile/playlists/music/EXTINF:0,107. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill

Code:
16:51:02 T:4308   ERROR: MP3Codec: Unable to open file smb://TOWER/disk2/Music/Katy Perry/California Gurls/Katy Perry - California Gurls.mp3
16:51:02 T:4308   ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file smb://TOWER/disk2/Music/Katy Perry/California Gurls/Katy Perry - California Gurls.mp3
16:51:02 T:4308 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
16:51:02 T:4308   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <smb://TOWER/disk2/Music/Katy Perry/California Gurls/Katy Perry - California Gurls.mp3>
Full Debug Log please
Man do I feel like a noob. Are attachments no longer allowed in the xbmc forum? My xbmc.log is too big for pastepin (18.7MB) but compresses to only 123KB, so I like to attach it as a zip.
attachments never were allowed. try to reproduce it and get a smaller log since a log of 19mb is to big to sift through
xbmclogs.com supports bigger logs but still 19mb is way to big
Actually, I think maybe attachments were once allowed. "Manage Attachments" is still on the right in the user Control Panel.

Anyhow, thanks for your help & here is a new log using a test playlist with a bad song following one that works. It hangs at the end of the working song when trying to find the bad one.
(2013-01-06, 23:28)curtis-r Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I think maybe attachments were once allowed. "Manage Attachments" is still on the right in the user Control Panel.

Anyhow, thanks for your help & here is a new log using a test playlist with a bad song following one that works. It hangs at the end of the working song when trying to find the bad one.

that'log is missing a large part of where you actually start playing it
Damn pastebin! Sorry about that. Here is a new one. I deleted-out a good junk of the repetitive error to make the file smaller.
(2013-01-06, 23:58)curtis-r Wrote: [ -> ]Damn pastebin! Sorry about that. Here is a new one. I deleted-out a good junk of the repetitive error to make the file smaller.

ah that looks so nice Tongue
ok please create a ticket for this on http://trac.xbmc.org and added this log so we can get that fixed
add CC Montellese and JMarshall

thx for the report
Done. Thanks for your patience with my bumbling.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13919