Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV 2 XBMC Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apple tv XBMC keeps on crashing while playing the video. It works for a while then crash.
OS is 5.0.2

XBMC Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26654
Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/RSgQAPW7

I am not sure what is causing as it was working fine for couples of days then it starts crashing.
It is connected directly to router with cat 5e.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120702-f3cd288)

Did you try a more recent version; i.e. RC3?
Describe what you are doing on the ATV2 when it crashes.
Thanks for replying.
I believe RC 3 is the latest version? No I haven't tried that one yet. Is there instructions how to upgrade it?
I basically turn on the Apple tv 2 and then xbmc. No matter which movie I choose it plays for a while then xbmc crashes. I have to start xbmc and same thing happens again.
Thanks
Any recommendations what should I do?
Thanks
I just noticed that you have mentions of Plex in the crashlog. Plex is known to cause some issues with XBMC (something with overlapping code, I think), so that might be something to look into.
And plex released an update (not sure if officially) which should fix the incompatibility with xbmc - though i doubt this is your problem because iirc when plex is installed - xbmc won't even startup.
I have the exact problem is there any way of fixing this. Thanks
If its plex - deinstall plex and see if the crash vanishes or update plex to a fixed version (there is a beta floating around in their forums which fixes crashing xbmc).

Else if you are still on eden 11.0 - try with frodo 12.0 rc3.
I can confirm that removing plex fixed this issue for me, I am now able to launch XBMC Frodo.

apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin
Additional confirmation that this works. Immediately after update to frodo, could not launch XBMC at all (on ATV 5.x). Removed the plex client via Nitotv and all is fine again. Will maybe look for that beta plex, maybe not. I don't really use plex much as I highly favor good ol XBMC!
Thanks for this, I had the same problem when updating, before you pointed it out. Did a clean jailbreak installing only xbmc... And plex. Smile Confirmed that plex breaks xmbc! Smile