Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu 10.10 and XBMC Eden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all!

I'm trying to remember how can I set it up so that volume control in Ubuntu (not in xbmc) controls either the Master or the PCM, instead of controlling the front channel only. In XBMC I have no troubles whatsoever, cause it does it right, but if by chance I need to drop into desktop mode whenever I put music with the default player (rythmbox or anyone else) the center/sub/rears blast at full power.

The way my system is setup, I have ubuntu volume set at 100% all the time, and I control the volume from within xbmc no problems, cause it adjusts the master and all channels go up or down the way its supposed to. But outside xbmc need to rely on just using the keyboard volume and so far I can't remember where to fix so that it controls the pcm or master. I know I've done it before, I just dont remember where or what to adjust.

Please help? Smile

Thanks in advance...

PS: Reason for volume at 100% is because it has happened before, that if I forget to have Ubuntu's volume at less than 100%, the max volume in XBMC can't be reached. I once had that add-on that allowed you to change them mixer settings and I could make changes in it, but computers have change since then and that add-on no longer works for me, so Im forced to have volume at max before I go into XBMC. Also, on the receiver, I dont have the remote, so I can't control the volume from afar, therefore Im forced to use the keyboard volume controls and is quite a scare when a sound goes at 100% volume at 3/4 receiver volume in the middle of the night Smile Also, from within xbmc volume works nicely (+ and -), but when you go window mode then it doenst work, you can only use the keyboard volume control and it only works with the front channel only Sad
alsamixer is always there Smile
Not really the option I was looking for, I wanted something more permanent.