Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some menus only accessible with the mouse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using XBMC Frodo RC3 with the Aeon Nox skin.

I'm completely new to XBMC and in blundering my way around the interface over the weekend I found a couple of menus that appear when the mouse is used but I can't find the keyboard shortcut for them.

The first is some kind of quick list that appears when the mouse is hovered at the top of the screen. Judging from the skin's Kiosk Mode options this appears to be called the "Media Menu" and can be disabled. I'm not too worried about this one, but does it have a keyboard shortcut?

The second is more important and one of two versions of it appear depending on if you are playing an audio file or a video file. It too is activated from hovering the mouse at the top of the screen, and it contains transport controls as well as a bunch of audio and video playback settings that I do not seem to be able to access from anywhere else in the menus.

I've got an eHome remote and I'd like to map these menus to some spare buttons but I can't find the corresponding keyboard shortcuts to launch them. Can anyone help?
The overlay menu with transport controls when playing media is brought up with keyboard shortcut "m" and with a ehome remote should already mapped to the menu button.

Btw, full list of keyboard controls on wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard
My ehome remote doesn't have a menu button (its a MS model 1039 with the coloured buttons) but I have the MCEremote addon so I should be able to remap "m" to something I'm not using.

Thanks for your help!