Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Want no passthrough with AC3 stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is possible that XBMC (newest Version: 12 Frodo - Release Candidate 3) doesn't automatically choose passthrough if the audio stream is stereo?
I mean, I want generally no passthrough with stereo sources, but if I have AC3 5.1 I surely want the passthrough. It's because I use the super sound enhancer Breakaway which can handle with every stereo source (also AC3 2.0) but not with multi channel. It sounds way better with it. If I don't set 'AC3 capable receiver' although it is, than Breakaway works with AC3 stereo, but Dolby Digital is downmixed. I don't want to change it every time I switch between AC3 2.0 and AC3 5.1. Various user accounts with different settings would work, but that isn't so great. By the way I use S/PDIF. I don't want HDMI for audio because I also want to listen to music without the picture and I don't use more than 5.1 anyway.
Has someone a hint for me how this could work?
That is not supported in XBMC atm and a very very special usecase imo. Either we passthrough AC3 or we don't.
(2013-01-07, 19:51)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]That is not supported in XBMC atm and a very very special usecase imo. Either we passthrough AC3 or we don't.
Isn't it possible to make the setting depending on stereo/multi-channel? All stereo -> no passthrough, multi-channel and supported -> passthrough.
For the program it would be easy to check the channels and the then choose the desired settings. Is there a way to write a script for it? It's a simple easy thing but would help me a lot.
Just remux your DD 2.0 to pcm - it's just too obscure a things you're asking to have a special setting for.
Can I write a script/plugin for myself which comes to this behavior? This would be great. Should be not so much work, or?