Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC won't start 3 glimps of confluence and crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I want to install xbmc on an asus 1201 HA (eee pc portable). I used the live-cd xbmcbuntu frodo RC1, 3 and eden but cannot start XBMC. Each time after the frodo-splash screen I get a glimpse of 1 second of confluence, this happens 3 times and then back to the ubuntu gui. It looks like xbmc tries to startup but fails to do so. I changed the guisettings.xml to force xbmc to start in a window and then I can see some errors:
Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '' which could not be resolved!
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted
Crash report available at /home/robokoper/xbmc_crashlog-20130107_210946.log

anybody idea's
my other installation on asrock ion330ht went without any problems, is there a hardware incompatibilty problem perhaps?
regards
boein
You need to PASTEBIN the crash report located at /home/robokoper/xbmc_crashlog-20130107_210946.log

But the errors previously is to do with video drivers and likely its not installing the correct driver.

uNi
thanks,

log can be found on http://paste.ubuntu.com/1507746/

I also believe something is wrong with display and/or audio. Maybe the specs of this device can help
processor:CPU Intel® Atom™ Z520 Processor
Chipset: Intel® US15W Chipset
regards
boein
(2013-01-07, 22:23)boein Wrote: [ -> ]I want to install xbmc on an asus 1201 HA (eee pc portable). I used the live-cd xbmcbuntu frodo RC1, 3 and eden but cannot start XBMC.

I believe this uses the Intel GMA500 video chipset (made by PowerVR), which does not play nice with Linux. See here for possible things to try: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportC...rdsPoulsbo

Thanks,
sodu service lightdm restart didn't work, I aso want to add that xbmcbuntu screen display is fine, graphics are normal (resolution is 1366x768) so I should think the installation has the proper drivers installed, otherwise the display in ubuntu itself would be standard vga?
Also when I launch xbmc from xbmcbuntu X desktop, i recognise a glimpse of confluence but it crashes immediately. Maybe video is ok but audio isn't, also this notebook does not have a CD/DVD installed, maybe it's just missing something?
I did some more tests and installed these lines. I did a test for audio -> audio works can hear the alsa-test wav
Also found a test to check opengl -> glxinfo gives output and glxgears shows animation and benchmarks of approx 600 frames - 100 fps
So I guess audio and video should be ok? Or are these tests irrelevant to xbmc graphicals'interface?

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu precise main
Then, perform a list update and install the appropriate driver:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel
Remove all Nvidia drivers, install mesa-utils:

sudo apt-get remove nvidia-current nvidia-graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
sudo apt-get install mesa-utils
Type in the following line in terminal, if there's an error saying no GLX found in display, proceed

glxinfo
Reinstalling all components to refresh:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg-video-intel libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-core
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
sudo update-alternatives --remove gl_conf /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf
was this problem fixed ? i have the exact same problem running xbmcbuntu with frodo, 3 splash screens then login screen.

happens on both an intel i5 and a celeron computer.

its a fresh install on a usb pendrive.

same thing happens if i "try ubuntu" from the cd boot

Juanjo
It is a video driver issue, you don't have a good enough driver with hardware open gl.

What is your gpu?
What is the driver?