Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CEC and Yamaha RX V673
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the latest raspbmc RC on the Raspberry Pi, and trying to control XBMC with CEC from the remote of my AV receiver (Yamaha RC V673). XBMC automatically swithing the input of the receiver when I start playing something, but it won't allow me to navigate with the remote of receiver.

It looks like it should work, because with loglevel 2, I have the following lines in xbmc.log when I press the left button of the remote :

Code:
16:38:02 T:2960888896   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 51:44:03
16:38:02 T:2960888896   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> Audio (5) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
16:38:02 T:2960888896   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key pressed: left (3)
16:38:02 T:2960888896   DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key a9 duration 0

So the key is correctly recognized as the left button (keycode A9), but it doesn't do anything in XBMC. After a bit of googling, I tried creating a file ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml with the following content :

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <left>Left</left>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

But it makes no difference, even after rebooting. As I understand it, the "Left" action is the default association for the left button anyway.

I'm completely stuck, and would really appreciate it if someone could explain to me why XBMC is receiving the CEC key press, but not doing anything with it...Huh It might be because the event is coming from "Audio (5)" instead of "TV (0)", so maybe there is a way the tell XBMC to react to a different CEC device, but I haven't found it. Anyone has an idea ?
Raspmbc also uses libcec now, doesnt it? So you might want to post this in their forum too:
www.pulse-eight.com

Also, while I havent used Raspbmc yet (waiting for my Pi), you might want to check the pulse-eight settings in XBMC. It should be in the input devices menu.
Well, I posted on the XBMC forums because it looked to me like the CEC events where correctly received by XBMC, just not acted upon. But I might be wrong.

Anyway, you might be on to something with the pulse-eight settings, even though I didn't find anything last time I looked : the libCEC faq (http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/faq) mentions a settings named "Connected to HDMI device". Its description looks exactly like what I need (0 when connected to a TV, and 5 when connected to an AVR). Except this parameter is nowhere to be seen on the settings dialog :-( Maybe I can find it in an XML configuration file somewhere. I'll look into it and probably post on the pulse-eight forums too.

Ideally, XBMC would simply respond to any keypress, no matter what CEC device it is coming from, without having to configure anything. But hey, it's still quite a nice piece of software as it is :-)
I had the same problem with an RX-V373. After a good amount of stepping through source, I realized that the CEC update loop was still in its init phase, waiting to get information from the television. Disable the option to switch to source when XBMC is started (actually, disable pretty much all the options, just in case), then shut down and restart XBMC. The buttons should work.
I have the same problem with v673. What options should I disable and where to find them?
System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals. Select your CEC adapter. On the options page, disable "Switch to source", as well as set "turn on devices" to none, and disable "set language to the TV's language". (Sorry, I forget the exact wording.) Then restart XBMC.
Thanks,

I don't know if I did the same way but simmilar settings seems to work.
Hi Julien,

I think I have the similar setup with you.
Raspberry Pi B+ connected to my Yamaha RX V673.

To control kodi via RX-V673 RC, which code did you input to your Yamaha remote after pressing "code set" and corresponding HDMI input?