Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC UPNP Music Stream issue when file name contains a single quote in the name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having issues with streaming FLAC music files from XBMC to a Yamaha Amp
I have the issue with both Frodo Beta releases and RC releases

Streaming the music works fine for any file that does not have a single quote ‘ in the filename. When XBMC tries to stream a file with a single quote in the name playing Stops completely.

I have this issue with both Windows and Android XBMC builds.

The issue is the same when files are being streamed from a ReadyNAS or the same files from a Windows server.

The ReadyNAS has its own ReadyDLNA streaming service. If I use this to stream the same files from the ReadyNAS to the Amp ALL files play without issue even the ones with the single quote in the name.
I used powershell to remove all the single quotes ' from my FALC music file names and folders; this has fixed my problem

The file metadata still shows the correct song name when streaming.
so just to confirm, the files are stored where exactly?
Also, please provide a debug log, start xbmc with upnp sharing enabled, try and stream the file to your Yamaha and then exit xbmc. Post the log here http://xbmclogs.com/
There are two scenarios both with the same error

I have xbmc Frodo RC3 running on a Win7 PC
FLAC files stored on D: on this PC
Same FLAC files stored on ReadyNAS
I set xbmc to use only one of these as the source at any one time but the problem happens with either one as source
After changing the source in xbmc I rescan the source and clean the db.
I have uploaded the debug log
Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27542

What I did to generate the log was: from the Yamaha Amp
• Using xbmc PC D: FLAC files as source
• Select the xbmc PC streaming
• Using amp menu: Navigate down Music >Genre > Artist > Album
• Start a song without a single quote in the name (This song plays and the amps menu shows Play as its play status)
• Press the Next Track button on the amps remote control
• This song’s name starts with the word Ain’t . (This song does not start playing and the amps menu shows Stop as its play status)
Also

This is what I see in the debug log for the faulting track

Ain't No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind.flac

The actual file name is: Ain't No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind.flac

at lines
538. 10:51:30 T:5300 DEBUG: Received request to serve unknown md5 '16B4780043B71D7E026E2A31FA726096/Ain't No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind.flac'
539. 10:51:30 T:1580 DEBUG: Received request to serve '2F6D8F47E1EA312D3C65088457BF966F/folder.jpg' = 'image://D%3a%5cMusic_Flac%5cFolk%5cBarry%20McGuire%5cEve%20of%20Destruction%5cfolder.jpg/'
Ok thanks for that, I'll take a look tomorrow night
The issue is your receiver is altering the paths, fix is in master branch, will hopefully make it to frodo final.
This issue persists in Frodo v12.1
OK debug log showing the Yamaha browsing xbmc please
I have uploaded the log
Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7325

So the issue is “Aint” plays and “Ain’t” does not play

I started to play the song using the amp with the file on an NTFS formatted disk. The file was named
Aint No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind
It played OK

I renamed the file to
Ain’t No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind
And tried to play. It failed

I renamed the file to
Aint No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind
It played OK

I renamed the file to
Ain’t No Way Im Gonna Change My Mind
And tried to play. It failed
Sorry. I forgot to rescan after the update to the file name.

It works fine
so there's no problem?
Correct no problem (other than me being thick). Thanks Blush