Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFOs for metadata in Frodo RC2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like to have full control over the metadata of my media and I like to do this outside of my media player (whether that be XBMC or iTunes for my iPod or whatever else I may use). So my preference for XBMC is to use NFO files created with the help of something like Ember, manually tweaking the data to my liking and then copying the files and NFOs into a folder that XBMC can see.

This is my first attempt to properly set up an XBMC based HTPC and so far I've been unable to get my metadata recognised in XBMC. I ran a test on a series that I have but I can't see any way of adding a media source that works with my NFOs. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I did try to search the forum but "nfo" is too short to search and "metadata"/"manual metadata" didn't seem to provide any relevant results so apologies if I've missed where this is answered before.
I followed the directions in the linked wiki article to create my nfo files. I know the title talks about importing and exporting the library, but the information required in the nfo files is listed there. I usually just create a .txt file and edit it in notepad. Once I have all the information entered, I just change the file extension to .nfo. I now have the hyper-accuracy that it seems we both like when it comes to the media information. Import-export library I hope this helps!