Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming xbmc to tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been looking through the forum on regards to streaming xbmc from my pc to my tv in another room. I think I am right in saying that I need to use upnp. I have looked at the tutorials on how to set this up, and my Samsung smart DVD supports this, I use Samsung all share regular for films stored on my PC, to play on my tv via wireless streaming. What I want to know is, can I stream using xbmc from my PC to my tv, while xbmc is streaming from the internet. Basically without having to store it in a shared folder first?
you risk getting banned

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712

But yes you can export your xbmc library via upnp. I suggest RTFM on wiki.xbmc.org
I'm not sure what's being asked here. The only thing XBMC's UPnP server can do right now is share files that have been scanned into the library.
i wanted to know, while streaming from the internet to my pc, could the same picture streaming to the pc, be sent wirelessly to my smart tv?
No.
ok just following up on this question.. can I stream using xbmc from my PC to my tv, while xbmc is streaming from the internet. Basically without having to store it in a shared folder first? .
I have connected a HDMI cable between my PC and TV. I have read yes you can but it doe not work . I am able to use my windows 7 media player and play a video stored on my PC on my TV . Also am able to use a simple app called " vGet" to cast video's and stream wifi to my TV.
If your XBMC machine is connected to your TV via HDMI then all of XBMC will appear on your TV. It is nothing to do with "streaming" to your TV, it is about your output device.
Thanks. so the TV is just another monitor. .I see the XBMC GUI on my TV and can interact with it but for reason when i try to stream a video it hangs up. When the PC monitor is my primary the video works ok.. My PC is connected to my TV through HDMI and also through my router WiFi.
Yes your TV is a monitor. There is no other way to get the XBMC gui on your TV.

You may get a list of playable files over upnp if you have a smart TV connected to your network, but mostly that is pretty useless. And it certainly isn't the XBMC gui.